Beau Bennett the next Tyler Bozak?

trickster

Maple Leaf Lane Forever
Mar 6, 2002
Leaf Nation
Beau Bennett has been compared to Tyler Bozak:
http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2010/02/is-beau-bennett-next-tyler-bozak.html

and more recently in a thestar.com article yesterday:
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hocke...e/780381--survey-says-leafs-perfect-for-bozak

Bennett's Vees just scored to eliminate the Westside Warriors.

The Vees, who are Canada's 3rd ranked Jr. A team will face the Vernon Vipers (Canada's 2nd ranked Jr. A team) in the BCHL finals.

This is outstanding hockey... Anyone close to Vernon or Penticton would not regret attending games between these two teams in the next round!

www.pentictonvees.ca

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Beau Bennett has been compared to Tyler Bozak:
http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2010/02/is-beau-bennett-next-tyler-bozak.html

and more recently in a thestar.com article yesterday:
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hocke...e/780381--survey-says-leafs-perfect-for-bozak

Bennett's Vees just scored to eliminate the Westside Warriors.

The Vees, who are Canada's 3rd ranked Jr. A team will face the Vernon Vipers (Canada's 2nd ranked Jr. A team) in the BCHL finals.

This is outstanding hockey... Anyone close to Vernon or Penticton would not regret attending games between these two teams in the next round!

www.pentictonvees.ca

the main difference between the two is that Bennett should be a first round pick, and Bozak never got drafted....

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Bozak?

Whoever drafts Bennett is sure as heck going to be hoping he has more than 19 points in the NHL on his 24th birthday.

CAPiTA

Sep 4, 2008
Vancouver
Bennett scored the same amount of points as Turris in his draft year. Less goals but still, thats impressive. He's going to tear up DU.

BIG BLUE

Apr 4, 2009
Toronto
Bozak?

Whoever drafts Bennett is sure as heck going to be hoping he has more than 19 points in the NHL on his 24th birthday.

but that 19 points is in 25 games...and this is how that rates with your Bruin players:

Savard .8049
Bozak .76 PPG
Bergeron .7377
Krejci .6061
Recchi .5362
Wheeler .5217 ***(drafted 5th overall, born a few months after Bozak)
Chara .5147
Ryder .4203
Lucic .3243

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
but that 19 points is in 25 games...and this is how that rates with your Bruin players:

Savard .8049
Bozak .76 PPG
Bergeron .7377
Krejci .6061
Recchi .5362
Chara .5147
Ryder .4203
Lucic .3243

Who cares? If Beau Benett's career path follow's Tyler Bozak's, he will be a certain disppointment to whoever drafts him. Prospects drafted in the first round don't get six years to develop. The premise of this thread is stupid. Bennett has scored as many points at 18 in the BCHL as Bozak did at 20. Bozak is a 1-in-10,000 late bloomer.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Bozak?

I don't really think that's what the OP was intending to say, and I'm almost positive you're aware of that. He was most likely speaking to his style of play and how they are going to the same college...

Maybe try not to derail a thread into a Leafs-Bruins flame war with a completely unnecessary and irrelevant comment.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT

Savard .8049
Bozak .76 PPG
Bergeron .7377
Krejci .6061
Recchi .5362
Chara .5147
Ryder .4203
Lucic .3243

you guys can have Wheeler. He's ****ing terrible.

either way, if you don't get the point BruinsButton is making than you need to realize the difference between a 1st round pick taking 6 years to develop versus a random lucky find making an immediate impact 6 years after he was passed over in his draft year.

BIG BLUE

Apr 4, 2009
Toronto
if Bruins Button had wanted to say that...he would've worded it just as you have...but the way he did was more of a shot at Bozak...

as to the premise....it of course isn't a good comparison...but obviously someone is making it because of the BC league and the NCAA team...and how they both fit Bozak...

Bozak was small and he grew later...

this guy isn't in that situation

mcphllp

Dion @ 6.5=Discount
Dec 27, 2008
if Bruins Button had wanted to say that...he would've worded it just as you have...but the way he did was more of a shot at Bozak...

as to the premise....it of course isn't a good comparison...but obviously someone is making it because of the BC league and the NCAA team...and how they both fit Bozak...

Ya the insertion of the negativity on BB's part was uncalled for.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

It wasn't a shot at Bozak at all. I was stating facts. He's 24 in two days and has 19 career points. If Beau Benett has 19 career points in 6 years he will be a gigantic disapointment. Saying Bozak has 19 points isn't a shot at Bozak, it's a fact. It's not saying that Bozak won't score 1000 points over his career. It's not saying anything about him, except the facts. And the fact is, if Beau Benett has 19 points, six years from now, he will have been a huge disappointment. Tyler Bozak is a terrible comparison for Bennett in every way. Turris, Colborne and many others would have been better comparisons. That's why this thread is fail and the Toronto-defensiveness is fail. No one is knocking your latest golden boy.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
I don't see the comparison really, unless every DU forward will be compared to Bozak.

Bozak was a late bloomer, who was overlooked for years. Beau is being touted as a second round pick.

DUHockeyRulz

Aug 8, 2007
Beau Bennett is now #25 on ISS List for March. He was #30 in Feb. & #48 in Jan.

Bennett's stats are similar to Bozak's in his final year in the BCHL. Both guys played on 2nd place BCHL teams and both guys committed to the University of Denver.

Bennett was passed over for a spot on the USNDT initially, until he said he was heading to the BCHL. So in that sense he too was under-appreciated.

Clearly he is three years ahead of Bozak in his development and body size. If he follows Bozak's career path he'll be in the NHL in three years or so.

With Stastny and Bozak coming out of DU in recent years, Bennett will get a good long look from a lot of teams.

The Redline Report is not only all over Bennett but they also love goaltender Sam Brittain who is heading to DU as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/columnist/woodlief/2010-03-17-lower-league-prospects_N.htm

Last edited:

trickster

Maple Leaf Lane Forever
Mar 6, 2002
Leaf Nation
Keep in mind, 99.9 percent of you haven't seen Bennett play live - and as much as I like Bennett - he has not impressed me yet in all the games I've seen him play here in Penticton... When I see his point totals I am baffled - he must score a ton when I am not at the games!

Bennett has great stats - but I have yet to see him dominate like an NHL star does night in and night out - though the last game I saw him play in was in December and I've read that he has made huge strides since then...

Last edited:

trickster

Maple Leaf Lane Forever
Mar 6, 2002
Leaf Nation
It wasn't a shot at Bozak at all. I was stating facts. He's 24 in two days and has 19 career points. If Beau Benett has 19 career points in 6 years he will be a gigantic disapointment. Saying Bozak has 19 points isn't a shot at Bozak, it's a fact. It's not saying that Bozak won't score 1000 points over his career. It's not saying anything about him, except the facts. And the fact is, if Beau Benett has 19 points, six years from now, he will have been a huge disappointment. Tyler Bozak is a terrible comparison for Bennett in every way. Turris, Colborne and many others would have been better comparisons. That's why this thread is fail and the Toronto-defensiveness is fail. No one is knocking your latest golden boy.

Do you think it is a certainty that Bennett will not play 4 years at Denver?

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site

It is a shot, you completely ignore the fact its 19 points in 25 games... what you should be looking at is the PPG. Everyone develops at different rates.... I could care less, the leafs have a good Centre with lots of skill who at less then 25 years old has 19 points in 25 games and looks like a hell of a line mate for Kessel... and all we had to do was sign him. Stop the hate

Brain Sergeant

Squirrel!
May 28, 2007
Keep in mind, 99.9 percent of you haven't seen Bennett play live - and as much as I like Bennett - he has not impressed me yet in all the games I've seen him play here in Penticton... When I see his point totals I am baffled - he must score a ton when I am not at the games!

Bennett has great stats - but I have yet to see him dominate like an NHL star does night in and night out - though the last game I saw him play in was in December and I've read that he has made huge strides since then...

My dad goes to all the Vee's games including the close ones on the road, they are going to Vernon(?) this weekend for the games there, he said Bennett is dynamite but was shocked to hear he was ranked 25th.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
Only 13 points in 11 games in the playoffs for Beau Bennett. That's not what you'd expect from a top scorer who could be a first round pick.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Bozak?

Bozak's a nice young player who is producing in the NHL and has shown creativity and smarts. That's the comparison.

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
Bozak?

You act like Bozak has been disappointing the last 6 years. He's shown a lot of development since he was 18, including growing 5+ inches & dominating both junior A and college hockey. He's a late bloomer.

Bennett is already dominating junior A in his draft year and has committed to US college hockey at DU. He's projected to go in the TOP 50 this summer.

To a DU fan, sure he's the next Tyler Bozak. As in star forward out of the BCHL.

To a NHL fan, he's not. He's closer to Kyle Turris.

Neither articles even compare playing styles either.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Bozak?

Bitter much?:laugh: No need to down every player on rival team. Thomas didn't become a starter in NHL by 30 you know. As classless as Bruins fans get i suppose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad