GDT: Bears vs Skiing Hazard - 7PM MT - Superstitions Edition

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I still find it odd at how much Bednar was playing Mikko in overtime. I wonder what was the deal with that? Was just so MacK and JD got OT time together? And if so why not start those two in OT?

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Bednar needs to dress a real 4th line to allow him them to play at least like 7-8 minutes to lower the minutes of the top guys.

MacD and Polin can't play in the NHL. Need Lehky back fast so Kivi can go back down and then try Tufte again but in a 4th line role.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Bednar needs to dress a real 4th line to allow him them to play at least like 7-8 minutes to lower the minutes of the top guys.

MacD and Polin can't play in the NHL. Need Lehky back fast so Kivi can go back down and then try Tufte again but in a 4th line role.
It's not hard.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Wood - Colton - Nichushkin
Cogliano - Johansen - O'Connor
Kiviranta - Olofsson - Pavel/Tufte

For the time being until Lehkonen is back. It's not pretty but man, the guy could not care less about his 4th line right now and it hurts. He doesn't seem to realize it's going to kill this team like it did last season when they were gassed by game 7 vs Seattle.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Hilarious Rycroft last night keeps hammering home the point of "4th line causing CHAOS!" as they're hemmed in our zone for a full minute.
Or when he said Johansen would be coming out to take the faceoff after we iced the puck with him on the bench.

Reactions: Metallo

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Got to disagree on RyJo and few others. Don't think think I need to go through them by name as they are the standard don't do a whole ton bunch.

I honestly saw RyJo touch the puck like 5 mins into the 2nd period and said wow didn't even realize he was playing. If I didn't notice you're playing until the 2nd period you are probably not doing much.

Also agree on George made some nice saves at the right times, but also allowed 2 ugly goals and was sub .900 again. I don't why it's been such a struggle for him to not give up the soft goal this year. From time to time they happen but they shouldn't be going in nightly.
Even he knew that second goal was unacceptable. He’s getting as bad as Grubauer defending wraparounds.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It was honestly insane to watch. A full 2 minute clip of just elite defensive plays, and then you realize it was from a single game.

He doesn't necessarily play physical very often but when you're that smart and that good with your stick, you don't need to play physical.

Yup. The skating and hockey IQ on full display. Just makes it look effortless all throughout and that clip is a big example of why he can log so many minutes.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
There's no way that they are gonna have enough energy left for the playoffs.
If they are playing these minutes multiple games against bottom feeders it's a problem. When you are playing a top team in a good atmosphere that goes 65 minutes everyone wants to be on the ice so you let the stars go heavy minutes. Can't do it every game for sure but kind of irrational to say it can never happen.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Incredible player. They'd be screwed without him.

You should use this video to start a thread on the main board with “Devon Toews” and “Defensive Clinic” in the thread title. It will be fun to see how different fanbases react. Some will likely be quite passive aggressive.

Here are some predictions for reactions of various fan bases:

Canucks: “ Quinn Hughes is still better.”

Islanders: “We’ll trade you two 2nds.”

Canadiens: “Monahan would look good playing next to him. We’ll trade you Monahan for a 1st.”

Leafs: “How is this not about the Leafs?”

Oilers: “McDavid is better.”

Lightning: “Byram is better.”

Gnights: “Kolesar needs to target his head.”

Blues: “Let’s talk some more about Kadri instead.”

Flames: “See. You don’t need Byram anyway.”

Kraken: “We have a hockey team too!”

Coyotes: “We have a hockey team too!”

Ducks: “Not without an overpay. Wait. What is this about again?”

Capitals: “He’s too young to play for us!”

Penguins: “He’s too young to play for us!”

Hurricanes: “We don’t feel threatened. But can we still spend an hour talking about Slavin?”

Rangers: “He doesn’t exist because his games are on too late.”

Sabres: “He wasn’t drafted 1st overall?!”

Red Wings: “What does this have to do with Seider or Byram?”

Wild: “JEE is worth 7 Devon Toews.”

Stars: “Where are my cowboy boots?!”

Sharks: “Please be quiet. We’re still enjoying that Patrick Marleau high”

Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Even he knew that second goal was unacceptable. He’s getting as bad as Grubauer defending wraparounds.
I hated the wrap around to the 4th liner, but I also hated the first Marchand PP goal. We are talking an 82-85 mph wrister from 40 ft, a half assed screen in front that blows by him? Fight through screen a little bit and make the f***ing save, even Marchand looked surprised he scored. I think he was thinking maybe a rebound chance in front not a goal.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I hated the wrap around to the 4th liner, but I also hated the first Marchand PP goal. We are talking an 82-85 mph wrister from 40 ft, a half assed screen in front that blows by him? Fight through screen a little bit and make the f***ing save, even Marchand looked surprised he scored. I think he was thinking maybe a rebound chance in front not a goal.

Meh. Even swayman let in two softies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad