OT: Bears & NFL Talk 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
This is why I don't want them to trade down, whole lot of meh after Caleb. Would rather they trade a future pick to get back into the 2nd if they really like a guy. Get a blue chipper at 9. One will be available
Verse is a blue chipper. High likelihood they take him at 9. I was fortunate he dropped to 21.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Only thing I don't like about Verse is how age. He is going to be 24 during the season so he's pretty old and likely is what is he (Dallas Turner in comparison just turned 21 two months ago). If you're going with floor, definitely Verse. Ceiling is definitely Turner.

Reactions: Romang67

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Only thing I don't like about Verse is how age. He is going to be 24 during the season so he's pretty old and likely is what is he (Dallas Turner in comparison just turned 21 two months ago). If you're going with floor, definitely Verse. Ceiling is definitely Turner.
Funny thing is that, IIRC, Verse was the 2nd ranked edge last year before he decided to go back to college and pack on a fair bit of weight to be a better size for a 4-3 edge.

I didn't realize until recently that he's older than Will Anderson Jr. which made that a bit of an odd decision.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
The amount of hate and vitriol shown towards Caleb Williams because he marches to the beat of his own drums., has made me jump on TeamCalebWilliams 110%. These clowns that are going after Caleb because of his fingernails, his phone, is downright disgusting. I hope Caleb succeeds becames the mega superstar just to see these cavemen idiots shut their damn mouths.

/rant.

Last edited:

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
If you want a dude to break a decades-long cycle of failure, he feels like a pretty good personality type for shrugging off that historical weight. Guy is totally unafraid to be himself and doesn't seem like a dick about it or anything. And he has the talent to back it up. I feel pretty confident that he's going to shut people up pretty quick.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Funny thing is that, IIRC, Verse was the 2nd ranked edge last year before he decided to go back to college and pack on a fair bit of weight to be a better size for a 4-3 edge.

I didn't realize until recently that he's older than Will Anderson Jr. which made that a bit of an odd decision.
Verse transferred to FSU from Albany. He has a Nov birthday, so those kids are typically held back from starting school until they are 5 years old at the start of Sept.

A RS year and 2 years at Albany. then onto FSU for 2022. Opted to return for 2023 to continue to develop and add the weight, though he would have been a first rounder in 2022 had he come out for the draft. Did he improve his draft stock that much? Probably around 20 or so if he came out last season as I think Seattle would have considered him with their JSN pick and them having DE as a need (as they took Hall from Auburn early in round 2). This year, he's likely still the #1-3 DE on the board so likely outside the top 10, unless one of ATL/CHi likes him to go 8/9.

Keep in mind that Mack was a RS SR when he came out of the smaller Buffalo program.

Reactions: Romang67

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Hope they do trade 9

TO MOVE UP to snag one of the big 2 receivers
It was costly. Traded #9 plus BOTH 2025 2nd rounders to move up to #4.

1000016700.jpg

Reactions: Grasshopperking

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
I think we either get one of the WRs or Turner fall to us. Not a bad place to be. Most mocks have it going:

1: QB
2: QB
3: QB
4+5: QB+WR
6: WR
7: OT
8: EDGE
9: WR

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
You do have to consider the pick will probably be in the 15-20 range. We also kept Carolina's 2nd which should be high.
The second would be on the table but I'm not sure Poles would trade next year's first, though. One thing for sure, Poles won't trade both next year's first and Carolina's second.

I think we either get one of the WRs or Turner fall to us. Not a bad place to be. Most mocks have it going:

4+5: QB+WR
I don't know what the Chargers wlll do. Harbaugh likes to build up the line, so he could want to draft Alt.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
You do have to consider the pick will probably be in the 15-20 range. We also kept Carolina's 2nd which should be high.
Trading an additional first for a WR when we can still get an elite WR prospect at our own pick is not good asset management.

I don't know what the Chargers wlll do. Harbaugh likes to build up the line, so he could want to draft Alt.
Ya I'm assuming MIN either trades for #4 and Chargers take MHJ because he's so much better than any other prospect, or MIN trades for #5 after ARZ takes MHJ. I guess there's a dream scenario where it's like:

4: QB
5: OT

So then we get Nabers instead of Odunze. Either way, it's fine if a WR goes at 5.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Trading an additional first for a WR when we can still get an elite WR prospect at our own pick is not good asset management.

Ya I'm assuming MIN either trades for #4 and Chargers take MHJ because he's so much better than any other prospect, or MIN trades for #5 after ARZ takes MHJ. I guess there's a dream scenario where it's like:

4: QB
5: OT

So then we get Nabers instead of Odunze. Either way, it's fine if a WR goes at 5.
This is Marvin Harrison though. Also, 3 WRs most likely will go before 9. Harrison to the Cards, Nabers to Chargers, Odunze to Giants.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I'm totally fine getting Nabers now with Allen on the team. Before immediately there was a size concern, and if Allen misses some games it's a worry but before I was worried of Moore/Nabers being the only WR threats

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
I'm totally fine getting Nabers now with Allen on the team. Before immediately there was a size concern, and if Allen misses some games it's a worry but before I was worried of Moore/Nabers being the only WR threats
Nabers will definitely not be there at 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad