OT: Bears & NFL Talk 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015

fwiw - One on one with Cunningham starts at ~37:05 and ends at ~47:00. Starts talking about #9 pick at ~45:00 and ends with the thought that Ian expects a lot of movement up/down in this draft, not necessarily by the Bears but by other teams because of the talent level available. He expects to start talking to other teams and trade possibilities now.

Reactions: Romang67

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Bears are due for a draft where they walk away with Caleb and MHJ and people say how the hell did that just happen

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Depends on the deal obviously. I'm not a fan of public funds going towards privately owned stadiums at all. If the city owns the stadium or some sort of joint thing then I think public funds make some sense.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
We shall see how it unfolds tomorrow but talk that Daniels and even McCarthy will go before Maye now.

Some people are talking Daniels at #2 and McCarthy at #3
That would be good for the Bears because McCown coached Maye in HS and the Vikings would probably be more willing to fork up what it takes to move to 4 which would slide down MHJ to 5, Harbaugh might be inclined to swap 5 for 9 for futures and still get a OT at 9

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I would think there are more pressing needs for $3 billion of taxpayer funds.
It already costs taxpayers a small fortune just to go to a game. Why would they wanna fund the stadium that's going to charge them out the ass for the next 30-40 years? :laugh:

This post isn't really meant to be that serious, obviously. More tongue in cheek. I just think it's silly of billionaires to pass the costs of their fantasy squads down to the little guy.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
There is just zero appetite at the state, county, and city level for a massive public cash infusion into a new stadium. At least Reinsdorf had the good sense to not buy land already without a plan on how to fund construction (while simultaneously rending any threat to move to a different county ring hollow) only to then be shocked that his taxes went up.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Last year, 4OT went in the top 14. Could be more this year.

More likely it’s teams in the 20’s that eye OT in the early teens. Want to ensure they secure one that they really like. Not moving up for Alt.
Anyone after him or from the jets pick at 10.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Gotta be planning for underground parking, no? Preferable to me, but obviously also much more expensive.
More likely it’s teams in the 20’s that eye OT in the early teens. Want to ensure they secure one that they really like. Not moving up for Alt.
Anyone after him or from the jets pick at 10.
Both Schrager and McShay tweeted about moves from the teams in the latter half of the top 10.

Then again, according to Belichik a few weeks back, leaks don't actually start happening until 12 hours before the draft, so they could just be speculating.

Reactions: plasmonresonance

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Not anticipating a change in the public funding conversation on this.
Neither does the Speaker, Governor, and Senate President.

“Speaker Welch told reporters today what he said he told the Bears privately last week: ‘If we were to put this issue on the board for a vote right now, it would fail and it would fail miserably. There’s no environment for something like this today. Now in Springfield environments change. Will that environment change within the next 30 days? I think that’s highly unlikely.’”

Pretty hard to secure 1.5bil in capital funds going 0/3 on support from those guys.

Reactions: Sarava
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad