OT: Bears & NFL Talk 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Nagy is so frustrating and so full of shit.
At this point, I'm so out on Nagy and his "offense" that I'm starting to wonder if we should actually keep Mitch around next season.

What has Nagy shown that would indicate he has any idea how to run an NFL offense? What has Nagy shown that would indicate he has any idea how to develop a QB?

I'm not saying Mitch would be good but I think I've just become so anti-Nagy that I'm open to the idea.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
This just in. Every player in the NFL has Covid and/or is out for the season.

Vegas has the Jets as odds on favorite to win the SuperBowl when it is played on February 4th, 2086

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
5A801482-00EE-4D84-9085-CD83E436C384.jpeg

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
At this point, I'm so out on Nagy and his "offense" that I'm starting to wonder if we should actually keep Mitch around next season.

No. That door was slammed shut the moment he was replaced by Foles. ATP why would he want to return? And if Pace/Nagy are indeed gone this offseason (fingers' X) the new regime will want their own QB. There is no scenario (other than being a player on the visiting team) in which Trubisky should be back in Chicago next year.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

What has Nagy shown that would indicate he has any idea how to run an NFL offense? What has Nagy shown that would indicate he has any idea how to develop a QB?

I'm not saying Mitch would be good but I think I've just become so anti-Nagy that I'm open to the idea.
Let's not pretend that it's Nagy's fault that Mitch is incapable of reading a defense.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Let's not pretend that it's Nagy's fault that Mitch is incapable of reading a defense.
I mean if your coach can't read a defense then how are you going to learn? Mitch had like one season of starting under his belt. It was a bad pick, but lets not act like the Bears would have somehow even let Patrick Mahomes be good if they drafted him.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Look, I'm not saying it's likely Mitch would be good if we got rid of Nagy. I'm just saying it seems likely at this point that Nagy torpedoed Mitch's development.

They brought in Foles because he "knew the system" and could do what Nagy wanted. Yet it turns out Foles and Nagy are having communication issues and Foles is having issues with Nagy's play calls. If the guy they brought in specifically because he'd work well with Nagy, doesn't work well with Nagy, I think it's pretty plain to see Nagy is the problem.

Mitch may very well just suck, but it's obvious to me that Nagy can't scheme an offense that gets the most out of the players he has.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Hicks out of practice and Roquan limited on Thurs?

if that’s the case on Monday, Cook will run for 8,000 yards

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Both will play. No reason to be miserable about the bears every day of the week.
Not miserable. Just living in reality. Hicks and Roquan have been the beat defenders on the team this season and the Bears have not been good against the run

The Cook matchup would be a very tough one if they can’t go or are limited.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bears OC bill lazor to call offensive plays this week

Hopefully he is truly allowed to call it with no interference

We have seen in past around league where coach almost immediately gets back involved or even retakes calling when things are not going well or because they cant simply handle not having control

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Vikings release o-lineman pat elflein. Bears should put in a claim. Not a all pro by any means but so much better then Ifedi and the bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad