OT: Bears & NFL Talk 78

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Yeah. atleast you did the right thing. Running the ball and forcing them to use their TO is the play. If you don't get it then you punt and they can to go the distance of the field with no TOs. Please understand football
I get that very standard thought, but people should look beyond that stance thought at the percentage of whats likely to succeed.

Ending it with a pass vs the t.o. killer. Say it doesnt work. Punting and playing that way. What is more likely to be a quick winning move. A pass to a solid WR

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Are you saying he called that play to avoid criticism of his team’s run game? How about he call a play to at least force Carolina to burn a TO?
No but that people here would complain at the likely result either way. But I like it as a going for the end of the game right there play with a better odds of succeeding than the run

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
By this logic if it's a 1% better chance to convert via pass then you pass over run.

Problem is leaving the opponent with a TO is HUGE.

You run the ball there every time.

Other side is you run the ball, don’t get it, they call the timeout. They go down the field and score a tying touchdown and people bitch about running the ball on third down instead of going for the win by throwing the ball to secure the victory.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Other side is you run the ball, don’t get it, they call the timeout. They go down the field and score a tying touchdown and people bitch about running the ball on third down instead of going for the win by throwing the ball to secure the victory.
There's a counter argument to everything and people would have complained regardless if we lost.

That still doesn't make it the right decision.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
No. No thats not what would happen. You line up with 2 yards to go and you run it. They are gonna go 80 yards+ against your D with no TO? I don't think so.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Incorrect.

It's all about process. You can do the right thing and get the wrong result, that doesn't mean you should do the wrong thing and hope it goes right.

Plenty of teams throw it on third down to win the game while up.
Process means nothing

They have thrown it late the last few weeks and they will continue

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Had to watch the game on delay, but a few thoughts....

The entire run game sucks. There are a lot of plays Montgomery makes a cut before hitting the hole and the play is toast... The run blocking isn’t very good... Nagy’s play calling with the run only makes it even harder to establish the run. I don’t know what he’s thinking.

But Nagy is never going to figure out how and when to run the ball if he hasn’t by this point. I hate this expression, but it is what it is and we all just need to get used to it until he’s replaced. Had he ran the ball on that drive that led to our last FG I think it was instead of throwing multiple times.... this game could have been over a lot sooner.

Rough game for the rookie but Johnson is still going to be a really good player and is having a good season so far.

Nice to see a few turnovers today!

Nice to see Kmet make a few plays and he looked like a natural. That’s the one huge difference between him and some of the other TEs we’ve drafted over the years. I think he’s going to be a good one and is just being eased in since we have Graham anyway. This is not a bad thing.

Roquan had another good game.

I hope I never have to watch a Bears game with this ref crew ever again. They were brutal for both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad