OT: Bears & NFL Talk 77

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
That's one is tough. The only thing I could say is he lowered his head instead of keeping it up but at that speed, it's impossible to play D in this league. I definitely thought the 50/50 ball should have been a TD.

I think the 50/50 ball was probably the right call, but given that they ruled it a TD initially, it would maybe stand. I had a much bigger problem with the roughing call.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I just don’t understand what Trubisky showed in the preseason to make Nagy think he still deserved another chance.

From the very first snap yesterday, Foles looked like he had a significantly better grasp of the system and just has more general football awareness. The gap between these two looks huge, and that’s something I didn’t expect.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I just don’t understand what Trubisky showed in the preseason to make Nagy think he still deserved another chance.

From the very first snap yesterday, Foles looked like he had a significantly better grasp of the system and just has more general football awareness. The gap between these two looks huge, and that’s something I didn’t expect.
I think he probably knew that once you bench Mitch that is probably it and there was no going back. It was a weird offseason and Mitch's knowledge of what they were doing was probably a plus in his favor. I'm not saying that's the right way to do it, but that's my best guess. With no preseason, it's impossible to really know who looked better and my guess is that if it was "tied" you'd stay with Mitch to start.

I'm pretty skeptical of Nagy at this point, but I give him a lot of credit for pulling Mitch when he did and naming Foles the starter now. I think the easy move would have been, they were 2-0 on there way 2-1 and to not change things up. I think this was a bold and good move. I was surprised he pulled the plug when he did.

I also wish there was a way to see how that came played out with Mitch the rest of the way. Part of me wonders if the Falcons still blow it (or at least come close to doing so) as that's what they do and we saw Mitch get hot against Detroit.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

giphy.gif

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Do we actually know this though?

Maybe he’s not practicing well? We don’t have enough info or sample size to draw any conclusions to why.
Yeah, it's not unreasonable to think a rookie, especially in this weird offseason, might be having troubles picking up the system.

Also, for all the uproar about getting Jimmy Graham, he's been a valuable weapon for them.

I'd certainly hope to see Kemet become more involved and productive as the season goes on, but I don't think it's anything to be worried about at this point.

Reactions: ClydeLee

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Considering the lack of success for a lot of weapons drafted by Pace on the offensive side of the ball, color me skeptical. Harrison Bryant was taken in the 4th round and he just scored a touchdown last week. DJ Chark was picked 10 after Miller and Gallup was taken the next round. Hunter Renfrow was the next WR taken after Riley Ridley

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Considering the lack of success for a lot of weapons drafted by Pace on the offensive side of the ball, color me skeptical. Harrison Bryant was taken in the 4th round and he just scored a touchdown last week. DJ Chark was picked 10 after Miller and Gallup was taken the next round. Hunter Renfrow was the next WR taken after Riley Ridley

With Trubisky throwing time the ball up until yesterday do you honestly think any of those guys would have wound up as better picks?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

DJ Chark has 94 receptions for 1,291 yds and 9 tds in his career
Miller has 91 receptions for 1,198 yds and 11 tds in his career

I don't see that as some sort of damning comparison.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Sure and did nothing his rookie year.

Charks the top wr on his team while Miller is behind Robinson for obvious reasons. Id probably take Chark over Miller to be honest, but just pointing out the context.
I get the context, Chark is clearly better and taken 10 picks later. They were ranked around the same points in the draft, Pace was essentially picking between Chark and Miller at that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad