Bearing Spacers

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Are there any differences between bearing spacer brands? (Bauer, CCM, Mission, Sonic, etc)? They're all the same price but I have Alkali skates and there aren't any Alkali spacers. I know there's a difference between floating and long spacers but not sure about the brand.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Are there any differences between bearing spacer brands? (Bauer, CCM, Mission, Sonic, etc)? They're all the same price but I have Alkali skates and there aren't any Alkali spacers. I know there's a difference between floating and long spacers but not sure about the brand.

Nah, there's almost zero difference. Spacers just let you tighten the your screws while still being able to spin your wheels. Almost all modern inline hockey skate chassis/axels are 6MM so you want those longer looking bearings. The "short floating" ones are designed for 8mm axels. You want the spacers on the left.

DzQUg5f.png

And the only other thing might be if you had a Labeda wheel with the 688 Micro hub instead of the more common 608 Standard hub, in which you'd need 688 micro hub bearings and spacers, but most likely you have the standard 608 Hub'd wheels so you want those long spacers designed for 608 standard hub, which comprise 95+% of spacers.

Vc9jYVv.jpg
vs
81rrRk3rfVL._SY355_.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia