BEARD Hockey: Your Time Has Finally Come (STHS, Realistic)

BEARD Commish

Aug 8, 2020
www.beardhockey.com
(EDITED 9/25): If you've been longing for a realistic, long-term ownership league with dedicated Commissioners, an easy-to-use and engaging website, and an experience you just don't find en masse these days from sim hockey leagues, then this post is for you.

Welcome to BEARD Hockey -- www.BeardHockey.com

BEARD Hockey is 100% ownership - you control the destiny of your club, your players, your finances, and more. This is NOT a betting league! We now have 32 GM's - but a waitlist is available!

APPLY HERE: www.beardhockey.com/gm-application

The highlights:

Subscription-based: a premium league with a small cost to maintain these features
We have reduced our Season One subscription cost to $25. Subscriptions go directly back into the upkeep of the website, additional features such as a free download of the FC Hockey Draft Guide and access to their mock draft/reports builder, and our end-of-season awards, which include a BEARD Hockey Championship Title belt. Our commissioners have spent 100's of hours building this league and are dedicated to providing a realistic, entertaining, and fulfilling experience.

Full 32-team Dispersal Draft - STARTS OCTOBER 2nd!

This isn't your normal dispersal. In BEARD Hockey, not only do you select real-life NHL players, but your selection order for the 2020 Entry Draft is also in the dispersal pool (hello Lafreniere!). 46 rounds over three weeks, including selection of a pool of 15 prospects (which counts as one pick). FULL DETAILS: www.beardhockey.com/dispersal-draft

Results-based Rerates, PLUS

This is a true ownership league. In BEARD Hockey, how you manage your assets directly determines their future. However, we don't rely solely on the STHS Simulator for rerates. We add our 30+ years of sim hockey experience to provide realistic rerates every offseason. Plus, each club gets one NHL rerate to use each season.

In-Season UFA Negotiations
Just like in the NHL, BEARD Hockey GM's can have contract talks with pending UFA's during the season. Our Player Agent works within a unique system to supply counters to your offers, while a portion of these players head straight to offseason free agency to keep the UFA pool realistic. This is something few if any sim leagues can offer.

Dynamic, Engaging Website
We've designed a sleek, interactive, and engaging place for BEARD Hockey GM's to ply their trade. No template or portal site here.

We highly recommend checking out our Rulebook on the website before applying. All BEARD Hockey league details are contained in that document. Please be sure this is something you want to do!

Questions? Comments? Just reply here or email me directly (email address is on the website).

Last edited:

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
I might be interested! I'm not super experienced with STHS leagues, but I'm not new to them. Can you explain prospect creation? Is it just the process of creating an actual in-game player for your drafted real-life prospects? Also, are there any anti-tanking rules? I read through the rulebook and didn't see anything about it.

BEARD Commish

Aug 8, 2020
www.beardhockey.com
Hey 37,

I think I may have answered your question on Reddit. But for those who may be curious as well...

Tanking is inherently written into the rulebook in several areas addressing the standard we expect all GM's to follow. If anyone tries to circumvent them or intentionally tries to do poorly, they will be subject to termination. Depending on how S1 goes, we're certainly open to adding a 'tanking' rule. But the hope is we won't have to (especially doubtful due to the level of GM's we have so far).

We have prospect creation once an offseason. Any prospect on your Prospect List (up to 10 players) can be created during this time. Based on an internal review of the player to be created, we set them to an OV and build out ratings based on their real-life professional play to that point. Obviously, if they have no pro play, we try to use all available data to create a realistic prospect.

But pro tip: it's better to have more real-life developed prospects created than requesting a long-shot you just took in the 7th round of an Entry Draft. Sure, you can try to develop them from the start - but it's harder with a prospect with only junior or high school experience with very low ratings, versus waiting a couple years, getting some AHL stats behind them, and starting them in our league with better ratings.

Hope this helps!

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
Can I be added to the wait list? I've used sths before and I'm itching to get back LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad