Beanpot to be played in Belfast?

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
The bbc literally quotes him as saying he wants to bring the Beanpot to Belfast:

Nothing about a new tournement.Even if it was a new tournement you couldn't call it the Beanpot. What's one team going to win it in Jan and another in feb? Give me a break. This little statement and backtracking is just an oh **** cya statement after seeing the huge firestorm brewing against him. This is like the whole U2/Fenway thing from earlier this week where he shot his mouth off and got caught:
http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_politics/2014/09/walsh_slips_with_hockey_idea

I've no doubt Walsh is drinking the stupid and his office is now heavily engaged in PR recovery mode, but regardless of what he says, there's no way the Beanpot's going anywhere. The city of Boston has no official role in the academic or athletic business of any of the 4 private Beanpot schools, so Walsh can't make those four schools do anything.

Besides, alumni of the 4 schools, myself included, would never let it happen.

Much ado about nothing. Beanpot's not going anywhere.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
This is so stupid and unnecessary. 1, no one is going to give a **** about this tournament in Belfast, 2, it should still be held in Boston, and 3, Marty Walsh has no authority over the 4 private universities that compete in the Beanpot. Sorry Marty!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad