GDT: Bean Pot 2-6-23 - Sean Farrell vs BC (5 pm EST), Hutson/Tuch vs Struble (8 pm EST) NESN TV

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
I have seen him play and don't get that same vibe at all. I do see talent but how will it translate to a role in the bigs is always the question for me. There are an awful lot of good players vying for the same job which is my point. He'll have to proove he's the best fit long term. I also don't agree about him moving the needle to the point of ruining our rebuild. We are in the second of our two tanking years. We should be damn close to a .500 club next season if things go according to plan and pushing seriously in MSL's third year for a playoff position. Like I said I'm not doing cartwheels at this point. It doesn't mean I won't. I had the same misgivings with Caufield. A quick look at our injuries this season is a good indication of just how tough the league is.
Next year we're making the playoffs, the Tank ends this season.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't think that's over hype, i don't see any forward habs prospect that are better than him. I don't count Slaf since he's been with the habs.
Don't count Slaf even though he's what 2-3 years younger than him and doesn't have a full year in the Pros.
Next year we're making the playoffs, the Tank ends this season.
We are not making the playoffs next year. Don't set yourself up for disappointment. The bright spots have to mature for at least one season.

Reactions: Runner77

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Don't count Slaf even though he's what 2-3 years younger than him and doesn't have a full year in the Pros.

We are not making the playoffs next year. Don't set yourself up for disappointment. The bright spots have to mature for at least one season.
Slaf is obviously first if we count him but i meant as prospects who are not playing pro yet.

Sure we are, we're getting Dubois in the off-season.
They are not, you’ll be disappointed. And even with Dubois they wouldn’t make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapala

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
to me he's just about a sure thing for the NHL, when you mix high IQ and high offensive skill with a good work ethic, I wouldn't bet against him. He's a lock to be an NHLer, just don't know what line he will end up on.
The pros: He has good puckhandling skills, great passing/vision, high IQ, is very combative and isnt effraid to throw his size around despite his diminutive frame.

The cons: Isnt a great skater for his size, still lacks NHL strength and his shot isnt much of a treath.

I like him on the PP, but Im not sure how his tools will translate at the NHL level, especially at even strength. Maybe under ideal conditions he can be an useful player, like playing with Dach and Anderson or Heineman, but I still have my doubts and think that ultimately, we have kids with higher celling That was a great 4th round pick nonetheless .

Liked Struble passing skills so far, pretty sharp and accurate.

Last edited:
Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad