BC born players - who would make the best Canuck?

The Designer

Dec 22, 2013
Sydney
There are many great players born in British Columbia but who would make the best Canuck?
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan Johansen, Cody Franson, Jamie Benn, Evander Kane, Tyson Barrie, Karl Alzner, Brett Connolly, Milan Lucic, Carey Price, Reinhart brothers, Brent Seabrook, Shea Weber, other?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Only thing I blatantly disagree with you is Alzner over Seabrook. Care to explain? Just seems very odd to me. Everything else I can agree with.

It isn't exactly set in stone and I may very well be wrong since I haven't really seen Alzner play since last year, but I remember him developing into a premier shutdown defenseman and I had him pass Seabrook in my mind when Seabrook was struggling last year. It seems that he's had a resurgence of sorts and could probably be flipped.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I would take Kane and Benn over nuge. From that list

I'd disagree. Kane has limited upside imo, and Nuge's 100 point potential (in the right situation) would have me take a chance on RNH. That kind of vision is only had by a very select few players in the NHL right now. He's also underrated defensively. Benn is somewhat close, but it comes down to a matter of preference there.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
It isn't exactly set in stone and I may very well be wrong since I haven't really seen Alzner play since last year, but I remember him developing into a premier shutdown defenseman and I had him pass Seabrook in my mind when Seabrook was struggling last year. It seems that he's had a resurgence of sorts and could probably be flipped.

Fair enough.

I wish Howson still ran the BlueJackets. Doubt they let Johansen go now :cry:

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Fair enough.

I wish Howson still ran the BlueJackets. Doubt they let Johansen go now :cry:

:laugh: I've found myself wishing that too. It's not fair for the Oilers to horde all the ****** managers. Once Burkie brings McPhee to Calgary, Alberta will have the ineptitude market just about cornered.

Chadley

The Big Dirty
Sep 19, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd disagree. Kane has limited upside imo, and Nuge's 100 point potential (in the right situation) would have me take a chance on RNH. That kind of vision is only had by a very select few players in the NHL right now. He's also underrated defensively. Benn is somewhat close, but it comes down to a matter of preference there.

RNH's durability has to be a huge concern. I personally don't think he'll be able to make it during a long playoff run. I love the skills and hockey IQ RNH possesses but I think Jamie Benn would be the better player for the Canucks. Benn screams "Playoff Performer"

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
1) Shea Weber
2) Milan Lucic
3) Jamie Benn
4) Evander Kane
5) Ryan Johansen
6) Brent Seabrook
7) Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

The obsession with size, toughness and meanness would have the Canucks rate them like this.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Does Duncan Keith count as a 'BC' player, born in Winnipeg, raised in penticton. His team canada profile lists him from penticton

He moved to Penticton as a teenager, but yes, he lives there full-time and is an adopted son of Penticton. Sorry.

If we're going full-rebuild right this minute, (which isn't the question, I know), give me the big 1C. I'll take Johansen. Evander Kane would have the most star power and would be the most marketable name, though.

I have mulled over this before, but a forward line I wish I could see is

E. Kane - Johansen - Jamie Benn

That'd be an unreal line.

Last edited:

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Who are the scouts that cover BC? Because they need to be fired, how hard is to take a short ferry ride to watch some games

The Designer

Dec 22, 2013
Sydney
Top 5 forwards leading points
Benn(50) Johansen(43) Turris(42) RNH(42) Ladd(39)

Top 5 dmen leading points
Weber(38) Seabrook(34) Garrison(28) Franson(27) Schultz(24)

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Johansen hands down for me. Benn Number 2.

Would Santorelli be the 2nd line center for Team BC? Or 3rd?

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Kyle turris, Jamie Benn, Evander Kane would be nice I sure we could have target two of the three with Hodgson, and Edler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad