Bauer 7500 Helmet + Bauer X100 Half Shield

Flemminr

Mar 8, 2011
I recently bought a Bauer 7500 to replace my aging NikeBauer 5500. For a few weeks I used an old Itech HLC Half Shield I had kicking around. I finally got enough spare cash saved up and went out to Sportcheck today and bought myself a Bauer X100 Half Shield for my helmet. The sales associate insisted that it would fit my Bauer 7500. I got home and opened it up only to find that the Bauer 7500 was not on the list of compatible helmets listed in the manual for the X100.

At first upon realizing this I was mad that I had just wasted $100, but after looking over the list fully, I'm led to believe the manual Bauer is shipping is out of date considering the list of compatible helmets includes such Bauer helmets as the 8000, 8500, 5000, 5500, 4000, 4500, 3000, 3500. Half of those helmets aren't event made any longer. With that said, seeing how they're both Bauer products, I figured they would be compatible, and I decided to see what I could do to make it fit. After some tinkering around with the mounting system on the side of the helmet for the shield, I finally found a position on which it fits on my helmet. The shield is on my helmet security with no modifications, but it kinda annoys me that I was unable to find any documentation anywhere for compatibly between the two.

Just wondering if anyone else here has a Bauer 7500 with a X100 half shield and if they've had any issues mounting it or with it on their helmet.

Last edited:

Flemminr

Mar 8, 2011
Works fine, but you already knew that since you already mounted it on your helmet . . .
I wouldn't say I knew it. The manual was outdated and didn't give any info on the 7500, nor did the website. I ended up spending 2 hours trying to figure out the right combination to get it mounted before I finally found a way that worked. I was simply wondering if anyone had this helmet + shield combination and if they had any issues mounting it like I did or with it on their helmet.

@Greg: Yeah, the 7500 replaces the old NikerBauer 5500.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad