GDT: Battle on a Frozen Tundra | Pittsburgh at Winnipeg | 8:00 P.M. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
I'd swap Malkin and Crosby for a shift, Geno has looked pretty damn good this game, but it ain't easy being a one man show. Crosby meanwhile doesn't have it tonight.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
I actually respect Adams for that and I typically can't stand him. Great hit then terrible fight with a giant.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
This game's been entertaining, at least. Awful officiating, terrible on-ice decisions by Sid/Letang aside, and the **** play of Kunitz/Dupuis... At least it's been fun to watch. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Someone needs to get into Crosby's ear. Next time you throw a blind pass through the middle of the ice, Despres sits on you.

I'd say the NHL CBA prohibits that, but Bylsma was coach when it was signed, so there's no way anyone could've foreseen Despres being a NHL regular.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
He will fit right in then... Only exception being he wouldn't be getting rag dolled by the Jets right now.

Why does it matter? The hits are fairly even, the fights have been lopsided; big deal.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
This is like a half dozen WTF passes from Sid tonight.

EDIT: Props to Maurice. He's figured it out. Just let Letang have the puck. Pressure Sid. Pressure Geno. Make Letang beat you.
No joke

Sid and Letang should open a bakery and specialize in turnovers. :help:

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
The refs have AT LEAST done a good job of keeping things sane in this game.

Give them credit for that.

Yeah, at least no one has pulled a Dale Hunter. Oh wait...

Players are taking runs at each other left and right. The refs have completely lost control.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
So sick of the Pens being a punching bag. They won't compete for a championship until they get some serious grit.

There "stars" look passive tonight..... They need guys who will initiate

Yeah no doubt, we need some tough SOB's to round out the lineup

At least our bottom 6 is good now.

That is the big positive to take out of this game. Our bottom six is actually pretty damned good now and has carried the team the past two games.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We just don't have it tonight. It happens. I don't think tonight is a lack of effort thing. I've seen the Pens have games where they look listless and disinterested. This isn't like that. It's just a lack of jump. The battle level is there but everyone looks like they are fighting it tonight.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
This is awesome. This is what I dreamed of happening between us and the Wild.

Too bad we only play twice a year. This is great.

Enjoy, folks! This is what the NHL is all about. Brilliant!

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
That sequence with Adams was amusing to me. Gotta give it to him. You can see in his eyes, he's not with the program, philosophically, but if everyone else is going to jump off the cliff, he'll follow the leader, lol.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Man Sid looks like hot garbage tonight.

Our top 6 winger situation is starting to catch up to us. Malkin's line isn't all that dangerous. And Sid doesn't have anyone who can give him some space. Need an upgrade brought in.

But alot of what he's done tonight is his own fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad