GDT: Battle of the Finns - Raanta's Ässät Hawks @ Lehtonen's Jokerit Stars - 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
assat%20logo.jpg
vs
200px-Jokerit_Logo.svg.png

The Land of Goaltenders will be represented on both ends of the ice as the Hawks seek to build off their last win while the Stars continue to make Boston wish that they had never traded Seguin.

Whoever loses, Finland wins.

320px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png

And please, someone with actual skills make a real GDT. Don't make me turn this into one a minute before puck drop. Nobody wants that.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hawks players have been smart enough to never wear #89 in honor of da coach (even recognizing his greatness before he played), so we should be good.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Waite signed with the Canadiens on July 4, commissioned to write the next chapter — the one on which the full story is likely to hinge — in the development of Carey Price.

A 47-year-old native of Sherbrooke, perhaps destined for his current job by sharing the Canadiens’ Dec. 4 birthday, Waite had earned his NHL salary for a decade in Chicago.

He won two Stanley Cups in four seasons with the Blackhawks, reaching hockey’s pinnacle with two goaltenders for whom the expectations were modest, at best — Antti Niemi in 2010, then Corey Crawford this past June.

“With Niemi and Crawford, it was: ‘If you can just make the playoffs and win a couple of series, we’ll be happy,’ ” Waite said. “Here, Carey is so talented, the expectations are very high. He has the talent to win the whole thing. The expectations are very different compared to Chicago, but I love the challenge of that.

“You need someone very, very special to be the No. 1 goalie for the Montreal Canadiens. You must be a very special character and I think Carey is a special guy.”

..wow I didn't think expectations were that low with the team around them....

I always liked Price and wish we didn't draft 7th in 05. We took the phenom known as Jack Skillet....while the Habs took Price at #5..

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Odd. In 2009-10 and 2012-13, the expectations were pretty clearly "Cup or bust."

Must be referring to the seasons in between.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
I just realized Marcus Kruger is 14th in the league in faceoff win %.

Just wow.

Lies. Everyone knows that Toews is te only center on our team that can win faceoffs, or that is worth a damn.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Interesting stretch now with the Raanta/Simpson combo. Might be a good thing, letting these two young guys develop some. Hopefully we come out of this stretch confident our back up goalie issues are solvedd.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I, for one, would like to congratulate No Fun Shogun for mastering the art of making Pre-Game Theads that become GDTs one minute before puck drop.

Anyways, should be a fun game. Go Hawks!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hey, at least I'm not the one that had to fangle with the doohickeys to change the topic type and stick it this time around.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Hey, at least I'm not the one that had to fangle with the doohickeys to change the topic type and stick it this time around.

In my day job, I'm an evil henchman that arbitrarily turns knobs, making it seem like I'm doing something.

I have a similar philosophy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad