Giordano -Brodie
Russell - Wideman
Diaz - Engelland

Hiller
Ramo
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=NEWS AND NOTES]

Hiller is 15-4-1 against the Edmonton Oilers, with a GAA of 1.98 and a Sv% 92.9
We haven't beat Calgary since 12/27/2013, since then we have been out scored 25 to 8 in 6 games.
Taylor Hall is a maybe for tonight.
Oilers starter isn't confirmed yet.
[/fieldset]

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
Why are we in Calgary again? It's slightly easier to take the loss at home.

oilers83

Feb 14, 2008
You have to admire what the Flames have done this season. Pretty astonishing.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
I am looking forward to watching this game. I want to see what players like Lander and Fraser can bring. I would rather fellas play good down the stretch then suck like they did under Eakins. I am happy Aulie is back in. I feel that was a clean hit and he was playing good till then. He actually sticks up for his team mates. On another note, I might sleep thru the whole game since it don't start till 11 PM in NS. I watched the Erie Otters last night and Dylan Strome looked great. There will be lots of options where we pick. I think the Leafs will slide below us.

http://www.ottershockey.com/roster/bio/171413

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Calgary may be like the Oilers when they just barely made the playoffs every year only to be eliminated in the 1st round. Even then the fans were upset, I bet everyone will take that success now.

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
I am looking forward to watching this game. I want to see what players like Lander and Fraser can bring. I would rather fellas play good down the stretch then suck like they did under Eakins. I am happy Aulie is back in. I feel that was a clean hit and he was playing good till then. He actually sticks up for his team mates. On another note, I might sleep thru the whole game since it don't start till 11 PM in NS. I watched the Erie Otters last night and Dylan Strome looked great. There will be lots of options where we pick. I think the Leafs will slide below us.

http://www.ottershockey.com/roster/bio/171413

I was at that game as well. It was 1 game but I see what people are talking about with regards to Strome. Looked good, scored a couple goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
and a #2 dman and a #1 goalie and some good veterans and a good coach...

True, but take away Gio and I doubt they're much better than the oilers. That's what a Hart / Norris caliber dman will do for ya. And Calgary tried their best to make Gio not happen... And got lucky

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Can't wait to lose to the Calgary Avalanche again.

I really wanted to do a Pokémon-themed GDT for this game but my heart's not in it.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Facing a Calgary Pro Sports team + Nationally televised game = guaranteed loss
In fact, I guarantee that the Flames beat the Oilers by 3 goals
Save your time and don't bother watching this one gents

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I know Hall has been MIA for the last 2 games.....good to see he may return.

What the hell happened to him anyways?

I've been avoiding all things Oil for a while now.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
True, but take away Gio and I doubt they're much better than the oilers. That's what a Hart / Norris caliber dman will do for ya. And Calgary tried their best to make Gio not happen... And got lucky

Calgary has smarter management than the Oilers that is why they are more successful now.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
The BoA hasn't been interesting for so long. We don't beat the flames or even put up much of a fight. Just meekly take it and wait 'till they're done beating us, hoping it won't leave a mark.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
First BOA under Nelson. I predict a win.

5-3 Oilers.

Eberle has a big game.

3rd under Nelson actually

The BoA hasn't been interesting for so long. We don't beat the flames or even put up much of a fight. Just meekly take it and wait 'till they're done beating us, hoping it won't leave a mark.

Its not even fun from a Flames perspective winning all the time. The games just don't have the fire they used to when everyone was literally out there to hurt each other. Someone needs to run a goalie/star player and get these teams to hate each other again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad