Pre-Game Talk: Battle for scoring leader. Avs @ Oilers

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Well Oilers are home. Have had a couple days off and a CBA mandated off day. They must be rested by now, atleast to NHL standards of rest. This first month of travel has been pretty rough, and this last week may have been peak roughness. So while I was willing to buy excuses from the last 3 games and a bit of puck luck misfortune, tomorrow we are up against the Avs. A team with some high end talent like us, and not too much depth in other areas. These aren't former West, East, or SCF champions. My point is the Oilers have run out of excuses. Tomorrow is a must win.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Jp's been inconsistent. Yama too. Maybe without them we'll be better again. I still say we have some key holes on the team that are dragging us down, not young players with problems, but I'm open to being wrong.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Points for McDavid. Yet to have big games and is second in scoring. lol. Good ol, Mr. consistency.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I see this being an ugly loss. Worse thing is TMac isnt going anywhere. Hes been better this year than last but not a whole bunch. Just dont see us going anywhere with him.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This is horse ****. Jesse deserves to play after his last game. IMO the last game was one of Chiasson's weakest since being bumped up, I wonder if his wrist is truly 100%.

I could see it now, Jesse sent down and Yamamoto given another 5 games to do Jack **** on the first line.

heh, couldn't say it better Bryan.

So much for Pulju having company on long trip to Bakersfield.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The one positive is that EVERBODY fills the net playing the halfcourt AV's.

Expect the Oilers to get a ton of scoring chances tonight. Somebody might bag a hat trick.

AV's are shit defensively. If you don't score 5 or more goals against this AV's team you failed.

AV's gave up 6 goals to the Flames including 5 in 3rd period,, 7 to the Nucks, 4 against Preds, and allowed 5 by the Jets last night. That's 5.5GA /night lmfao

Last edited:

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Well Oilers are home. Have had a couple days off and a CBA mandated off day. They must be rested by now, atleast to NHL standards of rest. This first month of travel has been pretty rough, and this last week may have been peak roughness. So while I was willing to buy excuses from the last 3 games and a bit of puck luck misfortune, tomorrow we are up against the Avs. A team with some high end talent like us, and not too much depth in other areas. These aren't former West, East, or SCF champions. My point is the Oilers have run out of excuses. Tomorrow is a must win.

I hate calling it must win. But I know what you mean. To me it's a 'must F ing show up and compete for 60min game'!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The one positive is that EVERBODY fills the net playing the halfcourt AV's.

Expect the Oilers to get a ton of scoring chances tonight. Somebody might bag a hat trick.

AV's are **** defensively. If you don't score 5 or more goals against this AV's team you failed.

AV's gave up 6 goals to the Flames including 5 in 3rd period,, 7 to the Nucks, 4 against Preds, and allowed 5 by the Jets last night. That's 5.5GA /night lmfao
And yet the AVS have allowed one less goal than the Oilers and have scored 10 more so really...they had a couple bad games defensively but still giving up less than us lol

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I still find it strange that game day threads are produced so late. Is it because of this thread being more prominent now? That's cool of it is. But it seems so... uncaring. Perhaps 3 losses does that!

Also find it strange for a 730 start on a Sunday night. I guess holiday tomorrow for some could have come into play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad