GDT: Battle for last (Buffalo 7 PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
#RedWings lines at practice: (per Ansar Khan)
Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Mantha
Tatar-Nielsen-Glendening
Nyquist-Larkin-Vanek
Sheahan-Ott-Bertuzzi/Miller

DeKeyser-Green
Kronwall-Smith
Ericsson-Sproul
Ouellet (extra)

Jimmy in net..

Call me crazy but I think E should be playing the third most minutes 5 on 5 behind that top pairing. He's been real good. Glendening still on the second and Abby on the top line. So frustrating.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
In terms of minutes Ericsson and Sproul should be getting ~20, in an ideal world.

Kronwall and Smith are going to get absolutely torched.

The only line that will score, if any, is Nyquist-Larkin-Vanek.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I like Larkin back at C. If we're gonna suck, at least do it while developing our kids. Would also rather have XO in over Smith.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I've been a Wings fan for 24 years. This is the first game I've ever wanted them to lose.

Yea this is sad. 30+ years and I'm now for the first time hoping they bottom out. I've been there many times with the lions but this is a first with the wings. Hope to God this organization doesn't go the way of the lions with the change of leadership with Mr I. pretty much being in the backseat now. Not feeling very good about how things are going to shape up.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
In terms of minutes Ericsson and Sproul should be getting ~20, in an ideal world.

Kronwall and Smith are going to get absolutely torched.

The only line that will score, if any, is Nyquist-Larkin-Vanek.

The forward lines are fine, but kronwall and smith can be a big problem.

I think we are done, we can't make playoffs, but if we lose this game it will be confirmed.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I watch the games and get pissed when we lose but in the grand scheme of things I want us to be bottom 5 bad. Odd times man.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
The forward lines are fine, but kronwall and smith can be a big problem.

I think we are done, we can't make playoffs, but if we lose this game it will be confirmed.

I don't see a scoring line besides the third man. I think everything besides Jimmy's goaltending is a problem.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Teams have been much further out of the playoffs, much later in the season and have made it in. As grim as our situation is, winning 2-3 games puts us right back in the mix. I have my doubts about Blashill's ability to right the ship, but it's too early to throw in the towel completely.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
#RedWings lines at practice: (per Ansar Khan)
Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Mantha
Tatar-Nielsen-Glendening
Nyquist-Larkin-Vanek
Sheahan-Ott-Bertuzzi/Miller

DeKeyser-Green
Kronwall-Smith
Ericsson-Sproul
Ouellet (extra)

Jimmy in net..

Call me crazy but I think E should be playing the third most minutes 5 on 5 behind that top pairing. He's been real good. Glendening still on the second and Abby on the top line. So frustrating.

Oh my Christ. This is full on Blashill mode. His obsessive tinkering has been comical since day 1. So Abdelkader is back with Z, Glendening promoted again to the 2nd line and Smith in with Kronner as a 2nd pair? Nyquist and Larkin on the 3rd line...intriguing :sarcasm:. Oh ya Jimmeh in net!- basically not a lot to be excited for.

HF will be annoyed because we're bound to win a game eventually. Glendening and Sheahan score, Z somehow gets 2 assists. We win 3-2 in OT then encouraging interviews of how the Wings did a lot of good things and have to build on the victory.

Orvald

Feb 24, 2015
Belgium
I like Larkin back at C. If we're gonna suck, at least do it while developing our kids. Would also rather have XO in over Smith.

I would try to put Larkin and Zetterberg together, but these lines are confusing, haven't followed the wings much, bit surprised they are below us.

But you guys have a shot against us for sure, we got so many injuries, just hope seeing the last two games we got our groove back a bit.

Sabres fan wondering what is going on with your team.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Really our situation isn't really that grim at this point. I hate they way we have played, but even still, we are only a few points out of a playoff spot, and are in a group of like 7 or 8 teams that are a couple points apart.

What would be nice, is if we could actually manage to score some freaking goals. Zetterberg's passing and setups have been awesome this year, too bad Tatar wastes them all. Everyone is always talking here about our defense, but we are losing like last year, because we can't bury our good scoring chances.

SHOOT, SHOOT, the puck Tomas, Gus, Dylan, stop with the incessant need to always dish to someone in a worse spot to shoot.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
I would try to put Larkin and Zetterberg together, but these lines are confusing, haven't followed the wings much, bit surprised they are below us.

But you guys have a shot against us for sure, we got so many injuries, just hope seeing the last two games we got our groove back a bit.

Sabres fan wondering what is going on with your team.

Blashill is going on. If you're deserving local player in a slump, don't worry, putting u on the 1st with Z & Mantha. 4th line grinder?
No probs, let's get u on the 2nd and park that young winger on the 4th instead.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Teams have been much further out of the playoffs, much later in the season and have made it in. As grim as our situation is, winning 2-3 games puts us right back in the mix. I have my doubts about Blashill's ability to right the ship, but it's too early to throw in the towel completely.

Put it this way, any coach who comes in and turns this team into a playoff team is an instant Jack Adams winner. That's the size of the task.

The past few years, we've been a consistent bottom seed. At least twice we've only made the playoffs on the last day of the season - one of those only because Boston lost, enabling us to back in.

Take that consistently borderline team: Remove one of the top coaches in the game. Remove its best player. Have it's 2nd and 3rd best players decline dramatically due to age and injuries. Provide no replacements for those 3 players.

My towel is thrown in. This team is done.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I look at this way...the defense is marred by the anemic offense and the fact Mrazek isn't himself this year. We have the oppposite going on this year. Howard Good. Mrazek Bad. And same ****** offense as last year. But again injuries is plagueing us again just like last year. We could end up missing the playoffs but we could very well make it too.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
Haha, what fail phrase have we coined up? like a "Fail for Nail" type...I thought someone had a good one in another thread but I can't remember it.

Buffalo 2-0, Empty Net. Howard plays very well again but we can't score.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Blashill is going on. If you're deserving local player in a slump, don't worry, putting u on the 1st with Z & Mantha. 4th line grinder?
No probs, let's get u on the 2nd and park that young winger on the 4th instead.

Nah. Blash is part of the problem but the real problem is that we have no talent.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I don't see a scoring line besides the third man. I think everything besides Jimmy's goaltending is a problem.
Our goaltending was maybe our strength, now it seems like it got worse too.
We do not score with Howard in net and lose, we score with Mrazek in net but we let in even more so we lose anyway anyhow. I think we have to win 3-2. We can't score much, but we can't play great defence either.
Babcock saw the ship sinking and ran away. Blashill can try his best, there is nothing to lose.
Really our situation isn't really that grim at this point. I hate they way we have played, but even still, we are only a few points out of a playoff spot, and are in a group of like 7 or 8 teams that are a couple points apart.

What would be nice, is if we could actually manage to score some freaking goals. Zetterberg's passing and setups have been awesome this year, too bad Tatar wastes them all. Everyone is always talking here about our defense, but we are losing like last year, because we can't bury our good scoring chances.

SHOOT, SHOOT, the puck Tomas, Gus, Dylan, stop with the incessant need to always dish to someone in a worse spot to shoot.
You shoot for a rebound and get 2 shots, you pass you might get none.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

it's pretty much proven if you aren't in the playoffs by thanksgiving, your chance of making it is very very low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad