Batman: Arkham Knight (6/22/15)

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Lol at the PC master race.

Game works perfectly on the PS4. Really good game too, and about what The Nemesis said, it is still easy to go around Gotham using the grapple gun/gliding. I barely use the batmobile (other than in the missions, you have no choice). I'm about 10 hours in and the story is great.

Hey there Hull friend :)

Is the game worth 70$ Last Batman game I played was on xbox 360

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
yep.

I have one that I need ot have the fully upgraded fear takedown to get, but I don't have it yet. But I also have finished all the other sidequest stuff, so I'm left to use riddler challenges to slowly grind up to get like 4 more skill points until I can buy 5x fear takedown for that one trophy.

I'm currently failing hard at ejecting and gliding around in order to hit pressure pads. Catwoman better be freaking worth it.:nod:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I finally beat it a couple days ago. Still need to do riddle trophies which I don't really feel like doing but pbly will anyhow. Solid story, and the character were good. Some things I didn't like including too much batmobile, too much joker(although I warmed up to him), tacked on side missions, not enough cool? Villains, and too many riddles again. Would rate it an 8/10 but worse than the other two arkham games. Still quite enjoyed it, I Should've played it before Witcher though.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Yep, there is way too much Riddler in this game and he is more annoyingg than interesting. I'm still stuck on his gliding pressure plates riddle and it is becoming quite irritating.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Just finished the main story and googled the Knightfall ending. I'm very happy with the game. I liked the Batmobile more and more as the game went on, personally.

I'd personally rank them:
Asylum
Knight
City

Very interested in seeing what Rocksteady does next.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
You rate City last? F0k da wut m8?
In reality, there isn't much of a difference between any of them, I just preferred the other two. I thought the side missions in City were random and didn't have anything to do with the main story. They didn't feel as connected as the ones in Knight did (IMO). Keep in mind I didn't really touch the Riddler stuff in any of the games.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
For me it's City > Asylum > Knight > Origins. None of em are bad, some are just better.

I moved Asylum up after a friend told me "it's basically like Metroid" with it's progression and gadget system. This was the exact moment it clicked as to why i liked it so much.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
In reality, there isn't much of a difference between any of them, I just preferred the other two. I thought the side missions in City were random and didn't have anything to do with the main story. They didn't feel as connected as the ones in Knight did (IMO). Keep in mind I didn't really touch the Riddler stuff in any of the games.

>side missions
>didn't have to do with the story

What? :laugh:

For me just the overall quality, presentation, story and so on is what makes City the best. Look at the Brotherhood story arc. Besides maybe joker, nothing comes close to that. Especially the boss battle.

For me it's definitely City>Asylum>Knight>>>>>Origins (because it was a glitchy POS for too long)

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
>side missions
>didn't have to do with the story

What? :laugh:

For me just the overall quality, presentation, story and so on is what makes City the best. Look at the Brotherhood story arc. Besides maybe joker, nothing comes close to that. Especially the boss battle.

For me it's definitely City>Asylum>Knight>>>>>Origins (because it was a glitchy POS for too long)
I don't even count Origins, as it's not even Rocksteady.

We're arguing over minor differences. I still think City is a great game, but I have it ranked 3rd among the three Rocksteady games. To me, the side missions felt like a completely different game from the main story in City, and many of them I didn't care for. I thought the side missions flowed better in this game with the main story, and unlike City, I actually wanted to do the majority of them. Overall, I preferred the main story in Knight too. Just my opinion.

I still have both ranked below Asylum, which was a top notch game.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I really wish they'd get their **** together re: the PC version so I can play it without issues. Then again, I mean, it's Warner so what do you expect? Their track record on PC ports is balls, including Arkham City, but it's just a little frustrating.

I guess best course of action is to forget about this game for a while, refund it, and then re-purchase a few months from now. Unfortunate, but it's not like I don't have 13 thousand games in my Steam queue. :laugh:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Combat was just so much deeper in City that I cannot put Asylum above it since combat is such a huge part of these games

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Cripes!

[spoil] I am not fond of the insane speed/acceleration of the Cloudburst and to a lesser extant, the apc's. I found the pursuing the apcs tended to drag on quite a bit, especially when I'd wreck out. And of course, the Cloudburst was up my ass the instant I shot it's vent. That was quite annoying. Oh well, I'm enjoying the gamr quite a bit.[/spoil]

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Played a bunch this weekend. It is starting to grow on me. Even the bat tank fighting.

theotis77

Jul 25, 2005
The tank combat was fine and even fun, but as a side game. It was just WAY overused in the main game.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I know I'm reviving a dead topic, but I can't find a satisfactory answer to my question out there on the vastness of the internet:

I just booted up the PS4 today to look at checking out the accumulated DLC and add-ons since the last time I played the game a couple months ago (not because of boredom, because of time commitments).

anyway I downloaded most of the stuff in the PS Store, which was all listed as free because I have the season pass. But there a couple things left that are also listed as free but have a warning on their store pages that say "DO NOT PURCHASE IF YOU PRE-ORDERED THIS GAME OR PURCHASED A SEASON PASS."

Namely it's the Red Hood Story Pack and the Prototype Batmobile Skin. The Harley Quin Pack used to say the same thing, but it was downloaded for me when I finally redeemed the code in my game case that included the Scarecrow Missions.

But I don't see anything else to get those to download. Do I just take them from the shop since they already say "free" because of the season pass? Or is that warning meant to tell me not to buy them from the PS Store and find another way?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I know I'm reviving a dead topic, but I can't find a satisfactory answer to my question out there on the vastness of the internet:

I just booted up the PS4 today to look at checking out the accumulated DLC and add-ons since the last time I played the game a couple months ago (not because of boredom, because of time commitments).

anyway I downloaded most of the stuff in the PS Store, which was all listed as free because I have the season pass. But there a couple things left that are also listed as free but have a warning on their store pages that say "DO NOT PURCHASE IF YOU PRE-ORDERED THIS GAME OR PURCHASED A SEASON PASS."

Namely it's the Red Hood Story Pack and the Prototype Batmobile Skin. The Harley Quin Pack used to say the same thing, but it was downloaded for me when I finally redeemed the code in my game case that included the Scarecrow Missions.

But I don't see anything else to get those to download. Do I just take them from the shop since they already say "free" because of the season pass? Or is that warning meant to tell me not to buy them from the PS Store and find another way?

I'd imagine that the warning is for people who aren't smart enough to redeem codes. It doesn't say not to download it, it says not to purchase it, because you already did when you got the season pass.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'd imagine that the warning is for people who aren't smart enough to redeem codes. It doesn't say not to download it, it says not to purchase it, because you already did when you got the season pass.

that's what I thought. I did download it and everything seems fine. What's weird tough is that you don't get a code to redeem for the season pass. It just activates when you buy it. The only way you could **** this up would be to buy it before you buy the season pass.

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
I got it on PC (included with video card) and never had any issues. Mind you I did not play too long because I dont really like the WB games gameplay and the batmobile was bothersome. I ran it fine at 60fps though for the most part?

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I got it on PC (included with video card) and never had any issues. Mind you I did not play too long because I dont really like the WB games gameplay and the batmobile was bothersome. I ran it fine at 60fps though for the most part?

If you had a powerful card it ran fine.

Anything under the 980 there were not enough options in the game (without going in to the ini files) to keep it from dropping 20+ frames.

They did just release a big update. I haven't loaded it yet though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad