OT: Baseball thread?

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Looked through several pages and didn't see one.

My Mets are off to a surprisingly good start. 5-2, and won both series so far. :yo:

The great thing about this season is that my expectations for the Mets are so low that even if they turn out to be halfway decent I'll be impressed.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Go Red Sox!

Mets aren't a bad team to root for either, underdogs are always cool. Are most of you guys Yankees or Mets fans? Whenever I visit Buffalo there seems to be a bit of both, but mainly Yankees stuff.

sabrescupchamps2099

Baseball season!
Dec 30, 2011
Buffalo, New York
Go Red Sox!

Mets aren't a bad team to root for either, underdogs are always cool. Are most of you guys Yankees or Mets fans? Whenever I visit Buffalo there seems to be a bit of both, but mainly Yankees stuff.

Underdogs are cool up until a certain point.

Its annoying always having to defend your team when people call them garbage. Or just when the media doesn't give a damn about that team and only reports front-runners that have a knack for winning games and titles and.... bandwagoners.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY

In WNY it seems to be Yankees #1 most popular, Braves #2 (because of TBS), and then a smattering of different teams for different reasons (Indians, Blue Jays, Pirates, Mets, etc.).

Personally I started rooting for the Mets because I married a Long Islander and diehard Mets fan, and didn't have any pre-existing MLB loyalties. But I found it fits well with my other teams - typically an underdog team with a history of frustration.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Mets and Orioles. The latter primarily because we live in Bodymore now.

I expect the Mets to fade badly, just as they did last year, but they'll be a tough out when Harvey and Niese are on the mound. I'm excited for Wheeler's eventual promotion, as well.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo

I expect the Mets to fade badly, just as they did last year, but they'll be a tough out when Harvey and Niese are on the mound. I'm excited for Wheeler's eventual promotion, as well.

Much as Im not a Mets fan, he looks like the real deal. Real excited to see him pitch a live game.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I've decided to become a Blue Jays fan this year. In my kid-years I pulled for the Braves after wearing the "A" consecutive little league years.

I kept Harvey this year in our fantasy league, that seems to be paying off handsomely.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Looked through several pages and didn't see one.

My Mets are off to a surprisingly good start. 5-2, and won both series so far. :yo:

The great thing about this season is that my expectations for the Mets are so low that even if they turn out to be halfway decent I'll be impressed.

You need to take into consideration who they played----San Diego and Miami....two teams that have been forecast to end up with worse records. Plus these games were home.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
You need to take into consideration who they played----San Diego and Miami....two teams that have been forecast to end up with worse records. Plus these games were home.

Yeah, yeah, I know.

Gotta take my victories where I can get them.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

Where did you grow up?

Yeah, Harvey is looking like an absolute stud.

The Mets have some ****ing live arms, now and in the minors.

I'm a big Yankees fan because of Donnie Baseball, so I've been around longer than the dynasty epoch (though the majority of my memory has consisted of successful baseball teams)...

But I'm also the rare NYer that enjoys the Mets...I love when they're good, when they're winning, when their fans are amped up about them. I think they may have the best broadcast teams, as an organization in all circuits, in all of sports. The TV crew they use on SNY is phenomenal, Gary is great at calling the games and Ron/Keith are awesome offsetting the PBP and supporting it...Howie and Josh are just as good... Eddie C in pre/post/beat coverage on the Fan... it's great.

I am forcefed a ton of Mets because WFAN rarely gets turned off, even in hockey season. My radio day goes like:

- Boomer & Carton
- break, joe and ev in the background
- Francesa all day...
- Ice Cap on XM NHL after the last West Coast game when I'm pulling my insomnia

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Mets fan. For the first time in a while, I have a lot of hope for the future. Harvey is a stud and Wheeler is supposed to be just as good. Syndergaard is another arm that has as much potential as Harvey. Between those 3 and Niese they could have some serious pitching in a couple years. Oh and yes, the Mets have the best broadcasting team in the league.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Go Expos

brycergiii.jpg

thefifagod

I'm The Survivor
Jul 3, 2008
Mets fan. For the first time in a while, I have a lot of hope for the future. Harvey is a stud and Wheeler is supposed to be just as good. Syndergaard is another arm that has as much potential as Harvey. Between those 3 and Niese they could have some serious pitching in a couple years. Oh and yes, the Mets have the best broadcasting team in the league.

I watch them a lot because we get all the games here and always when they play the Braves; I must say their broadcast team are the only reason their games have been tolerable the last couple years. My only real beef with their crew is that Cohen dismisses relevant statistics that Darling or Hernandez bring up because they're scary or something, I don't know. He doesn't really accept quantitative analysis and you can tell those guys get frustrated at times. I'm not sure I'd have them number 1 but they're near the top.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Indeed there should be a Bisons sticky thread, I have been checking every day here to talk about Bisons baseball but alas there is nowhere to have that conversation :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad