Barzal vs Suzuki

Who is the best player?

• Total voters

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Suzuki. Barzal is fun to watch, but the details of the game? Suzuki is far ahead of Barzal.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Barzal

I would take Suzuki though as the Devils already have a better version of Barzal.

Meier-Hischier-Bratt
???? Hughes-Suzuki

Suzuki would take faceoffs for Hughes.

Mercer would probably end up traded though.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Barzal has that x factor with his speed but isn't he playing wing this season? Suzuki is a very good 2 way centre and I would expect him to hover around PPG now that the Habs are starting to get a little better and he has some help. Barzal is decently insulated on NYI. Is he any good defensively?

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Barzal just hasn’t improved at all. Pretty disappointing he has the higher upside but I like Suzuki here

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think Barzal has the potential to bring the bigger offensive impact. Suzuki is clearly a better two-way player though. So it's definitely close. I'd lean toward that "upside" with Barzal offensively, but it's close enough to where i could absolutely see people justifying either way based on team composition and "need".

I think Barzal is probably the choice if you need a #1ish C. Suzuki would slot right in perfectly as a #2C somewhere.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Anyone saying Barzal hasn't improved or doesn't play defense hasn't watched him at all this year. He's grown leaps and bounds into a great two-way threat.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I think Barzal being held down offensively by the team and playing style is overstated tbh.

He's just 10 points ahead of Noah Dobson, who is a defenseman.

Bo Horvat, who was on more offensively talented Canucks teams, produced at a slightly lower rate than he did this year with the exception of 2022-23, when his shooting percentage was 21%. Far above his 13% career average.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Suzuki. But It's undeniably close.

I feel like Barzal is at/near his ceiling already. Where as I think Suzuki will continue to improve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad