Bartkowski hit on Gionta (No Supplemental Discipline)

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Got 5+game. Will post gif/vid as soon as one becomes available. Definite headshot.

UnderstatedPiercingBlackrussianterrier.gif

Here's a better video, you can slow it down pretty well if you have Chrome.

I thought 5 was completely appropriate as he hurt a guy doing an illegal thing (interference). Hit would've been ok if he had the puck but he didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
EDITED:Cleaner in slow mo still a high hit and the follow through with the elbow is questionable should get looked at further but nowhere near as blatant as it seemed in live motion.

Thatta boy Foligno...

Last edited:

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Shoulder to shoulder and than elbow came up and clipped him in the head. Will be suspended for 2

BruinsNeedaRussian

Nov 21, 2009
Maybe I am blindly biased, but I'm not sure it was a headshot. It was definitely high and will get a look Shanahan though.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Connected with side/shoulder/head all same time

In his defense Gionta pretty small guy and was leaning down..Hard one to call but didn't go after his head on purpose

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Maybe I am blindly biased, but I'm not sure it was a headshot. It was definitely high and will get a look Shanahan though.

Yeah same, it looks to me initial contact was with the shoulder and the follow through was high.

Like a fellow poster brought up on the B's board, it is VERY similar to the Orpik hit on Eriksson from last year.

Nothing all that technically "wrong" about it, but very predatory.

The only difference is that Bartkowski understands there are repercussions for his actions.

ForsakenSabre

Save Us MIttelstadt
Jan 31, 2013
Buffalo
I can't even imagine the reaction would be if that was marchand getting hit by zadorov. Also Gionta didn't touch the puck i don't think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad