Confirmed with Link: Barrie suspended 3 games

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm not upset about three games, he was dumb and he's paying for it now, what gets me is the f consistency shown by the NHL in these cases.

That I understand. Consistency has always been an issue for the league. I think they mostly got this one right though. I know if the roles were reversed and that was Lindholm/Vatanen on Zadorov (they'd have to jump really high!), I'd be losing my **** right now and asking for a lot more than three games.

Moosehead1

Nov 29, 2006
I just thinks it's a timing thing. They're gonna commit fully to protecting the head, and they're most likely to hit it hard early on. I agree though, three games is a bit much.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Late to the party here... this was way, WAY too much. It deserved a fine, but the NHL is suspending for injuries not the hits themselves. EJ deserved a couple games and got nothing.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They need to get away from using resulting injury as a criterion for punishment. The intent and action are what matters. A guy making a tomahawk chop at someone's head is an inherently dangerous play, who cares if he actually connects? That guy should be suspended regardless of whether the recipient was hurt or not.

Also, injuries are a fickle thing. Some people are more prone to concussions and other injuries than others.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Despres still hasn't started skating again. Do people still think 3 games was too much?

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
My bad guys, I thought this was a general discussion thread. Not trying to start anything on your board. Honest mistake. I linked to the thread through google not through forum browsing.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
My bad guys, I thought this was a general discussion thread. Not trying to start anything on your board. Honest mistake.

I've done it before too.

The part about an extended concussion sucks, honestly. Considering the hits that haven't even been fined and that Barrie's suspension is the longest that's been given out in the league right now, to that extent it's too long. Punishment for knocking a guy out for weeks, no it's not too long from that angle.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Barrie is not responsible for Despres' timeline to recovery.

3 games was fair.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I hate the idea that injury = suspension. Barrie's hit deserved a fine... maybe a game (though with his history I think that would have been too much). The fact that Depres isn't skating sucks, but I don't think that should have any bearing on how long Barrie was out. Honestly, EJ's hit was way worse than Barrie's... and EJ has a history now. EJ getting 3 games wouldn't have raised my eyebrow a bit.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Barrie shouldn't have even gotten 1 game.

By the logic used, when Matt Cooke injured Barrie in the playoffs he should have been suspended for the remainder of the playoffs.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Barrie shouldn't have even gotten 1 game.

By the logic used, when Matt Cooke injured Barrie in the playoffs he should have been suspended for the remainder of the playoffs.

all logic aside cooke really should have been out the rest of the playoffs. that guy is slime with a long track record of being a total ******

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad