Barrett Jackman to retire

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
One of my favorite players and a solid overall dude. I hope he sticks around with the Blues in some capacity.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
With who? He's toast as a player and can't keep up with the speed. He was so bad last year that he was scratched him a few times.

I agree, but you are only looking at it from a team going for the playoffs, Im surprised no one picked him up as a mentor for young Defenseman that need to toughen up. I kind of hope he works with Parayko, if he can learn a little nastiness he could be unstoppable.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I agree, but you are only looking at it from a team going for the playoffs, Im surprised no one picked him up as a mentor for young Defenseman that need to toughen up. I kind of hope he works with Parayko, if he can learn a little nastiness he could be unstoppable.

isn't it bad that a playoff team preferred two rookies over him though?

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
isn't it bad that a playoff team preferred two rookies over him though?

I do not think so, he is no longer a good option for any team with cup hopes, he is way to old and slow, but as a mentor I think he could have helped some team. Like Edmonton for example I think he could show a player like Nurse a thing or two, Jackman was a good player for a long time, he was never great but a very solid option who learned from Pronger and Chopper, he has knowledge, hell maybe some team contacted him for a role like that and he was not interested I dont know. I was just saying a team like the Preds who already had vet like Webber to lead the D he was not needed for the only thing he has left to provide.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Great warrior. He can't keep up anymore but a solid player in his day and an even better person.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
You're thinking of Colaiocovo

giphy.gif

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
He filled his role here last year. Seems like an awesome guy, and a good teammate.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
bahahahaha that gif is amazing

Does anyone know what game/play it's referring to?

I could be confusing it with another time, but there was a play where Doughty got called for an offside, then Jackman tripped him and got a penalty.

For interference.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I wanna say a game against the Preds, but no idea. Basically he got put in the box(not uncommon for Jax), but this time it was a brutal dive/embellishment.

I thought I remember that being a playoff game?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
bahahahaha that gif is amazing

Does anyone know what game/play it's referring to?

Game 4 against the Kings in 2013, he was called for cross-checking after being singled out during a post-whistle scrum. The refs were doing a horrible job in that series at being consistent and things were getting nasty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad