Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
2-0 Calgary now. They scored in the first minute by banking it off Chrona, and now they score on the power play on a point shot that Chrona just sort of missed with his glove. That was an ugly one.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Cassels cuts the lead to 3-1 on the PP, that's your score after two.

Penalty was because Mukhamadullin got hit from behind awkwardly into the glass. There was only 30 seconds left in the period when it happened, so we'll just watch to see if he's out for the third. He might be fine. (Edit: Yeah he's fine)

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Calgary's forecheck is giving us a lot of problems in the third, but the puck movement coming out of our zone is also pretty lackadaisical. Kind of frustrating to watch.

Cuda just caught a break there, as the puck goes in the net but is waved off for goalie interference. On replay, though, that goalie contact was caused by Kinal and not the Calgary player.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Calgary adds an empty netter, a puck dumped out of the zone just rolls into our net.

Brandon Coe has scored to make it 4-2. One minute left. Brandon Coe actually has four goals, one assist in his past five games. Getting hot right at the end of the year.

And, 4-2 is your final.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Cardwell opens the scoring on a shot that looked like it caught Dansk by surprise. 1-0 Cuda.

Jack Thompson then adds another, 4 on 4. That's two that Dansk probably should have had, I'd say. 2-0 Cuda. Gushchin gets the primary assist, he's on a six-game point streak right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: timorous me

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Thompson gives me similar vibes to Jason Demers/Justin Braun types from the early 2010’s. It would be awesome if he could carve out a career as a middle-pairing NHL defenseman, but I think he’ll definitely be a capable #6. I’ve liked most of what I’ve seen of him.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
End of two periods, 3-0 Barracuda. I'm very confused, as I don't know if I saw Mukhamadullin on the ice after he assisted on the above Gushchin goal. I just did this whole Muk watch thing at the end of the second period last game.

Thompson gives me similar vibes to Jason Demers/Justin Braun types from the early 2010’s. It would be awesome if he could carve out a career as a middle-pairing NHL defenseman, but I think he’ll definitely be a capable #6. I’ve liked most of what I’ve seen of him.

I like the Demers comparison much more than Braun. Big fan of Thompson's puck movement.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
No Mukhamadullin to start the third.

Calgary has really turned up the physicality, too.

Wranglers score to make it 3-1 after a whole series of unfortunate errors in our zone.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Todd with the empty netter after Oesterle misplayed the puck, 4-1 Cuda. That's your final. Great game from Romanov in net, too.

Nollenberger says Mukhamadullin was in the tunnel in a suit, I'm wondering if we went up by three goals and then just decided to shut Muk down because of all the abuse he's taken as of late.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad