• Matthews

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Barkov, primarily because he's been able to stay healthy. But are Barkov-Matthews threads the new Laine-Matthews threads?

Barkov by every metric
Define every metric? Because I'm pretty sure Matthews kills him in G/60 at 5V5 and all situations (which hurts Barkov on the PK), same with primary points, has a better raw xGF% and has a better game score. I mean, Matthews has 7 more ES points despite playing 160 less minutes.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Barkov, primarily because he's been able to stay healthy. But are Barkov-Matthews threads the new Laine-Matthews threads?

Define every metric? Because I'm pretty sure Matthews kills him in G/60 at 5V5 and all situations (which hurts Barkov on the PK), same with primary points, has a better raw xGF% and has a better game score. I mean, Matthews has 7 more ES points despite playing 160 less minutes.

are Matthews - Barkov threads the new Matthews - McDavid threads

insert eye roll emoji

fwiw I always voted for AM over PL in those threads

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
You didn't answer the post who responded to your hot take.

and he didn't respond to the thread in question over who has the better season

it's not a hot take at all. it's like saying player x is more productive and has a higher pdo or shooting percentage therefore player y is better because higher xgf and lower pdo shooting percentsge

do you realize how petty that sounds

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
every metric other than 5v5 stats I guess. Matthews is still quite clearly the better 5v5 player.

helps when you face lower competition and easier minutes. You did vote for Barkov so that's good

how did your 90-105 Matthews point prediction go?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
and he didn't respond to the thread in question over who has the better season

it's not a hot take at all. it's like saying player x is more productive and has a higher pdo or shooting percentage therefore player y is better because higher xgf and lower pdo shooting percentsge

do you realize how petty that sounds
I pretty clearly said Barkov is having the better season.

You said Barkov by all metrics, then ignored actual metrics.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
helps when you face lower competition and easier minutes. You did vote for Barkov so that's good

I predicted ~90 points. would have been very close if not for injury and terrible PP luck/opportunity tbh
Matthews doesn't face lower competition

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

They face almost the exact same level of competition by QOC metrics. Matthews actually has a slight edge by QOC TOI% and QOC CF%, while Barkov has tougher comp by QOC xGF%.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I pretty clearly said Barkov is having the better season.

You said Barkov by all metrics, then ignored actual metrics.

a healthy Matthews and you would vote for him then? I now understand how you prioritize your metrics

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
a healthy Matthews and you would vote for him then? I now understand how you prioritize your metrics
Who knows what a healthy Matthews would do. But I would lean him due to being the better producer at 5v5, although, I have no idea how his percentages would hold in those extra 13 games.

You said every metric, you were then shown to be wrong.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

"Barkov is better by every metric"

Here's a bunch of important metrics where he isn't

"Well it's because he faces easier competition"

Here's a bunch of metrics that show they face the same competition

What's your next excuse going to be?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Who knows what a healthy Matthews would do. But I would lean him due to being the better producer at 5v5, although, I have no idea how his percentages would hold in those extra 13 games.

You said every metric, you were then shown to be wrong.

let's ignore context then

let me pull out the 2nd liners that smoke Matthews in that argument

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad