Barkov responds to Pavel Barber(Youtube guy) on twitter

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
I got in an argument with him on Instagram, because he had a clip of some NHL player who tried to do the move where you pick the puck up on your stick behind the net, and jam it top corner.

His comment was something like "so close to finally pulling this move off at the NHL level!".

I commented "the reason no one has done it, is because they choose not to, not because they can't"

He got all defensive about it being harder at the NHL level because players have less time, and goalies are better blah blah.

I said "no, they don't do it, because it's too flashy and they'll get their head taken off, punched in the face, or benched."

He told me that was all a myth and eventually someone will be able to pull it off.

Guy is so focused on trick moves, that he couldn't come to terms that some things just aren't done in NHL hockey.

I'd like to see someone try and lacrosse the puck and have the goalie 2 hand them in the throat lol ridiculous.

kuznetsov doing the ilmaveivi

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
I got in an argument with him on Instagram, because he had a clip of some NHL player who tried to do the move where you pick the puck up on your stick behind the net, and jam it top corner.

His comment was something like "so close to finally pulling this move off at the NHL level!".

I commented "the reason no one has done it, is because they choose not to, not because they can't"

He got all defensive about it being harder at the NHL level because players have less time, and goalies are better blah blah.

I said "no, they don't do it, because it's too flashy and they'll get their head taken off, punched in the face, or benched."

He told me that was all a myth and eventually someone will be able to pull it off.

Guy is so focused on trick moves, that he couldn't come to terms that some things just aren't done in NHL hockey.

I'd like to see someone try and lacrosse the puck and have the goalie 2 hand them in the throat lol ridiculous.​

I agree with his reasoning more than yours though. They do any trick on the book as long as it's legal and nobody would do anything about it. Granlund did this to Russia in semifinals and only got good press, and no negative comments from opponents.

It's just hard to do on NHL level.There's no code against it. Hockey has evolved and fans should too.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'm not gonna lie I think Barber would absolutely score in the skills competition and score a lot.

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
IDK why, but that straight lipped emoji always kills me, especially after a burn :laugh:

And he's now wrong, being a YT star is pretty much being the world's tallest midget.

If you say so.

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 9.34.20 PM.png

p.s. The top one at 22 mil is SEVEN YEARS OLD. So maybe there is something to the midget comment. ;)

Jordan9

Nov 15, 2020

I'd like to see someone try and lacrosse the puck and have the goalie 2 hand them in the throat lol ridiculous.

So Pavel was right and you were wrong? lol this comment didn't age well.
he doesn't just focus on trick moves. he has 2 accounts. the @heybarber one is more of a fun/entertainment feed. Then he has @pavelbarbertraining feed where he analyses plays that happen a high % time and it's really helpful.
"Guy is so focused on trick moves, that he couldn't come to terms that some things just aren't done in NHL hockey." you have the dumbest mindset here. he says a trick move is possible (and now has been scored 3 times) and you take that as he only focuses on trick shots which is completely false.

Reactions: Riddum and BahlDeep

Bizzare

May 5, 2013

Then what happened?

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
So Pavel was right and you were wrong? lol this comment didn't age well.
he doesn't just focus on trick moves. he has 2 accounts. the @heybarber one is more of a fun/entertainment feed. Then he has @pavelbarbertraining feed where he analyses plays that happen a high % time and it's really helpful.
"Guy is so focused on trick moves, that he couldn't come to terms that some things just aren't done in NHL hockey." you have the dumbest mindset here. he says a trick move is possible (and now has been scored 3 times) and you take that as he only focuses on trick shots which is completely false.
Wow, you came back nearly 2 years later to reply to this?

Incredible scenes.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal

You should challenge him to a fight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad