Barkov has drawn twenty penalties and taken zero this season

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
He is constantly winning puck battles in the corners and along the boards. That combined with the amount of stick lifts he attempts and often successfully executes, I'm kind of surprised he hasn't committed a penalty yet.

That's what I thought when I saw that. For a player that routinely strips the opponent off the puck it's kind of amazing how he almost never takes penalties. And that stick lift almost always comes from way behind... How the hell doesn't he get hooking calls more often? :o

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
He is constantly winning puck battles in the corners and along the boards. That combined with the amount of stick lifts he attempts and often successfully executes, I'm kind of surprised he hasn't committed a penalty yet.

Plus he's got such a big stick you figure he would've accidentally clipped somebody by now. Pretty impressive.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Why everyone is so surprised that a Cat's player is so fluffy. He has to be by definition.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
I hate these type of players. A good player would score a goal, get an apple, and receive 5 min. major for fighting.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
I heard he volunteered all his money to poor and hungry children in Kenya and Gary Bettman. Now he is living with his mom in the studio flat in a low class neighborhood. He goes to BB&T Center by bus.

Reactions: jalperi

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
No penalties by a FORWARD this deep into the season? I'm not sure I've seen that before maybe since Butch Goring was playing...51 minor penalties in 1107 career games. He could finally win the Selke and Lady Byng this year. The Panthers knew what they were doing when they gave him the C.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
No penalties by a FORWARD this deep into the season? I'm not sure I've seen that before maybe since Butch Goring was playing...51 minor penalties in 1107 career games. He could finally win the Selke and Lady Byng this year. The Panthers knew what they were doing when they gave him the C.
O’Reilly is notoriously good at not taking penalties too. I remember one season (he was still with the avs) the only penalty he took was playing with a broken stick. Game 82 as well IIRC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad