Barkov Assist of the Year

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Almost to a man every single player who plays, or has played, with Barkov all say the same thing:

"He does things in practice that you'd have to see to believe".

He just only occasionally does them in a game cause that's just not how he's wired. He only does what he feels he has to do to help his team win.
So true, he will give himself ten lashes and a bag skate for showing off like that.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Dunno about assist of the year when the difficulties with handling the puck were mainly caused by him poorly receiving the pass in the first place. I feel like the player's own mistakes shouldn't be creating the challenges that are then overcome for the assist of the year.

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
Dunno about assist of the year when the difficulties with handling the puck were mainly caused by him poorly receiving the pass in the first place. I feel like the player's own mistakes shouldn't be creating the challenges that are then overcome for the assist of the year.
Dude, the puck was literally rolling on its side when he received the pass. Stop watching hockey please.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
but also if he controlled puck normally he wouldnt have been able to pull that move

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

What are you talking about? The puck is saucered to him, and skipped and turned a millisecond prior to hitting his stick lmao. What do you expect him to do there? He displayed elite hand/eye coordination and puck control there.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia

Barkov, said that he was trying to get the puck to lay flat, that's why the first tip happened and not with difficulties handling the puck.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Serious question. Are you blind? Or did you just not see the puck bounce right before it got to his stick?

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
Barkov, said that he was trying to get the puck to lay flat, that's why the first tip happened and not with difficulties handling the puck.
Nah bro, he is a total scrub and can't even receive a pass correctly.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
In case you're wondering, that is the awesome Goodrow we signed for 3.6 who just completely loses the middle going to the same guy Fox pinches on. Cap well spent.. Why hold the blue line when you can hold the red line!

Still, what hand-eye coordination there. Fantastic hands.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
Agreed. If it were me I would have only needed a single touch. Not even for a precision assist but a direct 100+ MPH blast into the back of the net. Top corner, most likely ripping through the mesh, and unfortunately causing a delay as it smashed through the glass behind the net. Just one casualty thank goodness.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00