Barclays Center & Relocation Part VI : Belmont announcement likely this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Personally I don't get why people want to move to an area with ridiculously high property taxes, particularly Nassau. I understand Brooklyn single family homes look shabby in general, but Queens houses seem nicer without the high property taxes.
A similar thing must be happening in your neck of the woods.

Queens homes, or for that matter, the majority of NYC homes come with a heftier price tag than their Long Island counterparts. That's the counterpoint to Nassau and Suffolk's high property taxes. But then NYC has a larger tax base than the Island right off the bat.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
How do I know if your profit is 5%, 8% or 50% of what you paid. If you want to pop your buttons over that, go right ahead. The bottom line is everyone in this country is likely walking away with more than what they paid.

My statement was that I can't think of too many places where something along those lines wouldn't happen. Nassau and Suffolk included. Referring to making a profit on the sale of their home. And I stand by that.

For all I know, you bought a knock down or a foreclosure, rebuilt it, and put in gold leaf moldings and a Sub Zero kitchen.

Pick up your parting gift at the door.

You were right when ya said "don't wanna get into a pissing contest."

I didn't do any of those things - the place is prlly in worse condition than I received it - fact remains that property values in Brooklyn are outpacing LI by a significant margin.

I'm done here.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
How do I know if your profit is 5%, 8% or 50% of what you paid. If you want to pop your buttons over that, go right ahead. The bottom line is everyone in this country is likely walking away with more than what they paid.

My statement was that I can't think of too many places where something along those lines wouldn't happen. Nassau and Suffolk included. Referring to making a profit on the sale of their home. And I stand by that.

For all I know, you bought a knock down or a foreclosure, rebuilt it, and put in gold leaf moldings and a Sub Zero kitchen.

Pick up your parting gift at the door.
It's hilarious that you're being taken to task for that comment. I mean, I love busting your chops as much as anyone but even I agree with you here! LOL!

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Cool your jets Turbo. I’m not going to get into a pissing contest with you.

The real estate market IS DOING WELL ACROSS THE COUNTRY
http://amp.usatoday.com/story/354486001/

This article says price on Long Island are outpacing the national average by 2%.
https://www.newsday.com/amp/busines...-rise-by-7-percent-as-supply-drops-1.13115261

Seems to me everybody, Brooklyn or not is enjoying some profits on their home sales.

Read those and enjoy your weekend.

Reading between the lines here:

Local brokers said a growing number of buyers are getting priced out of New York City, where home values have skyrocketed.

NYC properties are outpacing LI. :sarcasm:

Though IMO, there's plenty more money to be made in NYC before the next collapse. Plenty of neighborhoods to gentrify, and if I had money I'd buy.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
A similar thing must be happening in your neck of the woods.

Queens homes, or for that matter, the majority of NYC homes come with a heftier price tag than their Long Island counterparts. That's the counterpoint to Nassau and Suffolk's high property taxes. But then NYC has a larger tax base than the Island right off the bat.

It's getting unaffordable for many in Metro Vancouver to a point that many are leaving. I am one of the lucky ones as I live in a home

https://globalnews.ca/news/3198292/...ost-unaffordable-housing-market-in-the-world/

Vancouver has been once again ranked one of the least affordable housing markets in the world, according to an annual survey from Demographia.
It was the only Canadian city to crack the top 10 list, coming in third behind Hong Kong and Sydney, Australia out of 406 markets in the world...

Hong Kong$300,000$5,422,00018.1
Sydney, Australia$88,000$1,077,00012.20
Vancouver, Canada$70,500$830,10011.8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

Perhaps Islanders are fighting tooth and nail against NYCFC for Citi Field/Willets Point; even if it means fighting Tony Avella and his tree hugging buddies

But who is "Dr. Scarecrow"? Is he some sort of worthwhile source?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Willets point is a minefield. Look at how long it's taken anything to happen in Nassau, and the only thing that's happened is a coat of paint on the old building. You're going to have to deal with civics groups, the EPA, local politicians, eminent domain and environmental protesters..... plus anyone else that might have interest in building on the property intentionally tossing grenades to slow the process down. We will be putting men on mars before anything significant is done at either location.

I'm like Andy Defresne and want to believe in hope, but this feels so true. Willets Point is garbage and is in need of something positive developed there. Unfortunately I think it's human nature to be hesitant to any change so therefore it's easier to just say no to things - Even when the benefit a community.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sa...69,-72.299653,40.566502,-73.438111_rect/9_zm/

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sa...69,-72.299653,40.566502,-73.438111_rect/9_zm/

These are just the first two places on Long Island I randomly clicked ... one is "listed" for 120k more than paid for 9 years ago - who knows what they'll actually get.

The other one is being listed for 44k over what was paid for 9 years ago.

Care to revise your BS statement?

Did I just see a Fugitive reference there Axel?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So me and my friends (who are STH's) showed up with our wonderful credentials that we essentially paid $25 freaking dollars for. But they have our section on them making it easier to deal with the Barclays seat police. So we get to our section and show the credentials. The nitwit usher than told us that wasn't good enough, they needed to see our tickets. So the only goddamn use these stupid things have doesn't even exist thanks to the Barcstapo. And people here actually wonder why people hate the place and pray every day that Belmont gets approved so we can leave it for good.

Reactions: Eberzal

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Can you give examples for us out of state people?

-They did absolutely nothing for opening night
-Last year they had a shirt design contest; this year they had nothing
-No player intros; they just skated to center ice
-The previous years they had stickers on the front glass of the arena advertising opening night, now there's nothing
-The slogan is the same as last year
-They're using the same intro and in game video/entertainment as last year
-The game program had a roster and a honda advertisement... that's it
-The magnet schedule they gave out has no design on it, just the logo
-I haven't seen any other advertising/marketing for the team outside of the arena
-The season ticket "package" was a paper envelope that included just the "credentials"
-The "credentials" don't actually do anything anymore, so STHs paid $30 for them to ship us something that's utterly worthless
-When I questioned my rep, he said they're looking to cut costs

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just to note, the players want the team introduced as one instead of individual announcements.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Couple thoughts from last night:

The crowd was loud and atmosphere was great. Not as good as the playoffs obviously, but a fun night.

Still some empty seats in the arena which is not good. I was in section 24 and there were 3 empty seats beside me. Also noticed some empties in the uppers and a few in the lowers. For a Saturday night game when there is no other sports team playing in the area, that’s a red flag. Their poor marketing shows.

The magnetic schedule was pointless, looked really basic and illegible. I left mine in the arena on the floor.

The STH credential is useless. When I used it for my concession discount (literally the only purpose) the person at the concession stand said I didn’t even need to flash the card, I just had to tell them I was a STH. This doesn’t seem right but if it is, that card is pointless.
By comparison, the Nets season ticket package had printed tickets for the home opener (labeled “commemorative home opener tickets”), and a USB power bank and car charger. It isn’t much, but it was definitely worth something, unlike the Isles package.

Reactions: Eberzal

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Couple thoughts from last night:

The crowd was loud and atmosphere was great. Not as good as the playoffs obviously, but a fun night.

Still some empty seats in the arena which is not good. I was in section 24 and there were 3 empty seats beside me. Also noticed some empties in the uppers and a few in the lowers. For a Saturday night game when there is no other sports team playing in the area, that’s a red flag. Their poor marketing shows.

The magnetic schedule was pointless, looked really basic and illegible. I left mine in the arena on the floor.

The STH credential is useless. When I used it for my concession discount (literally the only purpose) the person at the concession stand said I didn’t even need to flash the card, I just had to tell them I was a STH. This doesn’t seem right but if it is, that card is pointless.
By comparison, the Nets season ticket package had printed tickets for the home opener (labeled “commemorative home opener tickets”), and a USB power bank and car charger. It isn’t much, but it was definitely worth something, unlike the Isles package.
I got into an argument with one of the girls at the Carla Hall stand who insisted there were no discounts to STHs for bottles of water credentials or not. I didn’t want to hold up the line over $1 but it’s that kack of attention to detail (I can give you plenty of other examples from last season) that might have caused Periferal to comain about the service at Barclays. It’s not the friendliness of the staff, it’s Quality Control that has declined.

Reactions: Mkdaman1818

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I got into an argument with one of the girls at the Carla Hall stand who insisted there were no discounts to STHs for bottles of water credentials or not. I didn’t want to hold up the line over $1 but it’s that kack of attention to detail (I can give you plenty of other examples from last season) that might have caused Periferal to comain about the service at Barclays. It’s not the friendliness of the staff, it’s Quality Control that has declined.
Yeah it’s kind of appalling that they were that clueless about the STH discounts, since it’s posted all over the concession stand. Hopefully they get up to speed soon.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
The STH credential seems to me like a good idea - it's unfortunate that right now it's poorly executed. I'd expect that to change after some complaints from you guys that are season ticket holders.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The STH credential seems to me like a good idea - it's unfortunate that right now it's poorly executed. I'd expect that to change after some complaints from you guys that are season ticket holders.
We had STH credentials last season with a QR code that could be scanned at the gates to get into the arena as well as scanned at the concession stands and team store to apply discounts. The trouble withe the QR codes was the scanners at the cash registers were finicky and not all the registers were programmed to apply the discounts. A good idea that was poorly rolled out. So this season the credential doesn’t have any code on the back and it’s basically a flash pass for the ushers and the concession stand workers.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
-They did absolutely nothing for opening night
-Last year they had a shirt design contest; this year they had nothing
-No player intros; they just skated to center ice
-The previous years they had stickers on the front glass of the arena advertising opening night, now there's nothing
-The slogan is the same as last year
-They're using the same intro and in game video/entertainment as last year
-The game program had a roster and a honda advertisement... that's it
-The magnet schedule they gave out has no design on it, just the logo
-I haven't seen any other advertising/marketing for the team outside of the arena
-The season ticket "package" was a paper envelope that included just the "credentials"
-The "credentials" don't actually do anything anymore, so STHs paid $30 for them to ship us something that's utterly worthless
-When I questioned my rep, he said they're looking to cut costs

another thing I mentioned in another thread is the lack of promotional giveaways this year, and the reduction in the amount they are giving away, in the past they would giveaway for the first 10,000 fans, now they are only giving away to the first 6,000, and for the kids items they would give to the first 5,000 kids now they are only giving to the first 2,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad