OT: Banner by bernmeister

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Mods - have sought + rec'd ok, and request this be temp at main board until 12noon or so tom. Sat. thank you.

banner by bernmeister - invite

This is worthy as it is in the public interest.
However, relative to connection to hockey in general and rangers in particular, at this event I will be announcing it is my hope that some of my intellectual property can be made available to support certain worthy causes; in part toward that end, I will announce my intention to outreach to Commissioners of the 4 major sports (including NHL's Bettman) to see if a fundraising deal can be coordinated with their offices.

As relates to the Rangers, while all of us including even John Amirante must move on, he deserved a graceful exit. While the eclectic rendition being previewed tomorrow is different from a solo or other principally exclusive vocal version, it is something he may wish to consider recording. At the right time, I hope to offer him such an opportunity.

----------------------------------------------------

per Libr of Congress, Oct 19 is actual date FS Key renamed his work to SSB from Defence of Fort McHenry! So we are technically still in 200th year anniversary celebration until this 10/19 = 201st.

America should celebrate the 200th for next couple of wks. Also bernmeister advocating SSB appreciation day every 10/19, so the audible and intangible can be mirrored in celebration like Flag Day (visual and tangible) every 6/14.

Unveiling of bernmeister's 2nd verse of SSB w/original lyrics, eclectic rendition recording world premiere LIVE, 10am, southern end of Bowling Green Park, tom Sat. 10/3.

Please attend.

Thank you

bernmeister (legally trademarked alias)
Bernie Helgason

The Joker*

Bernmeister is performing his original second verse of the Star Spangled Banner tomorrow. He is inviting Rangers anthem singer, John Amirante, to record it. He has written this verse to honor the 200th anniversary of Francis Scott Key renaming the song from Defence of Fort McHenry to Star Spangled Banner. It is Bernmeister's hope that this verse he has written, and is performing, can be used by all major North American sports leagues in order to raise awareness and money for charitable causes.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
I've heard the song, it's actually pretty good. Wish I still lived up north I would come by.

You're a good dude, Bern. Good luck.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Bern, there isn't any one person that could question your dedication. God Speed from Canada, I hope You get a great audience.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Bernmeister is performing his original second verse of the Star Spangled Banner tomorrow. He is inviting Rangers anthem singer, John Amirante, to record it. He has written this verse to honor the 200th anniversary of Francis Scott Key renaming the song from Defence of Fort McHenry to Star Spangled Banner. It is Bernmeister's hope that this verse he has written, and is performing, can be used by all major North American sports leagues in order to raise awareness and money for charitable causes.

Thanks!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Thanks to all, and any who comment further.

Reminder that per Library of Congress, we are actually justified to observe Oct 19 as the official SSB day, and technically we are in the 200th anniversary year til this Oct 19 kicks off 201st benchmark.

So party harty (hardy or hartily, lit license)

A few specifics:

bern is a HFNYR board treasure.

The only one in fact.

gentlemen, you are too kind and way too kind.

Bern, there isn't any one person that could question your dedication. God Speed from Canada, I hope You get a great audience.

and peace and love to all you good neighbors to the north!
short of you being part of America, your allied partnership at many levels is a blessing to us all.

Good luck Bern! Do we have a transcript of your verse, a preview, if you will?

tight for time now. see bernmeister.com

I couldn't make it, but If there is a God, a video will surface.

Video will be difficult since event went on just around the raindrops, but media did not cover!!!!:amazed::amazed::amazed::shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Also there is an mp3 studio recording, but being a compilation no video to date of same.
However, eventually other versions besides this eclectic rendition w/gentle guitar lend to a video, so we will have something eventually

All there loved it.
However, I have more up my sleeve more on that later.

As to God. :bow::bow::bow: don't make me go all George Harrison-esque on your ass.

You and I are overdue to break bread, You have accepted my invite and we keep putting it off. We make that happen and you can have a copy of the sheet music.

I propose we trade SSB and God Bless America for a J-pop song and a 2nd.
J-pop is way younger and makes use of more instruments.;)

:clap::clap::clap:
can't agree as to content, but :laugh::laugh::yo::yo::naughty::D;) for the thought.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
to add details given this interest, and for the record, following is pertinent extract of the press release:
=====================================

Purpose: Bring public attention to and request support for the following: According to the Library of Congress [http://blogs.loc.gov/music/2014/09/printing-the-star-spangled-banner/] , October 19, 1814 is the date that Francis Scott Key officially re-titled his work from Defence of Fort McHenry to The Star Spangled Banner. While we did a terrific job celebrating this a year ago, we should have made same a year long celebration of this 200th milestone observed. Also while Fort McHenry and the song are properly connected, each deserves prominent appreciation in its own right. In the same measure every June 14 is observed as Flag Day, going forward so should Sept 13-14 be celebrated as Fort McHenry Appreciation Days, and every Oct. 19 be Star Spangled Banner Appreciation Day, There is an obvious harmony to this in that what Flag Day is to the tangible and visible, so should Star Spangled Banner Appreciation Day be the counterpart to the aural and intangible, two counterparts of the same spiritual identity.

Accordingly, bernmeister will propose, and the public is asked to support, a call for a official designation including by Presidential proclamation as to the above as we celebrate the balance of the 200th anniversary benchmark. Additionally, it is requested that this October 19, 2015, which marks the 201st year, be singularly also designated as “banner by bernmeister dayâ€. This is because at 10:19am, marking the 10/19 reference, for the first time will be publicly unveiled a recording of bernmeister’s The Star Spangled Banner, eclectic rendition with gentle guitar (available at my website). Key’s first verse will be followed by a bridge suggesting the courage of the brave to withstand the battle, followed by bernmeister’s original second verse highlighting the prominence and significance involved. Follow up of presentation and questions are the balance of the event. [The recording is performed by “‘meister ’n maestroâ€, the latter who, it is anticipated, will attend and answer technical musical questions.]

Notices to be observed: It cannot be underscored enough that this is NOT an effort to supplant Key’s first verse of The Star Spangled Banner. It IS saying that there are lyrics which so well complement the first verse and capture the significance of the moment, noting the event was arguably a miracle, that they result in a worthy complement for extending the song. My 2nd verse [find below] should always follow, never replace the first.

So say the brave free, our great flag flies with might,
Stars ‘n stripes speak most loud,U. S. A. has liberty!
Recall then God’s great gift was this rev’rent blest night.
Tho’ McHenry most bombed the Fort’s distressed armory.
But Brit shells were denied, we now trumpet with pride,
Our prayers had been heard God’s Own Hand on our side!
Yay proclaim the Star-Spangled Banner still waves,
Unfurl’d Old Glory be, freedom’s Author so saves!

Notice: As to the above, Bernhard Christian Helgason (aka bernmeister) is exclusive and sole copyright owner for all copyright, both performance and published, not within the public domain. All Rights Reserved. Limited permission for journalistic purposes is granted for broadcast and otherwise authorized provided no content transmission participates in copyright violation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bernhard Christian Helgason (aka bernmeister) copyright owner, hereby gives permission to
Bernhard Christian Helgason (aka bernmeister), HFB member, for the copyrighted material to be displayed at HFB for the non commercial viewing by the HFB community; and not to be transferred or otherwise used without permission.

----------------
That covers the lyrics.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I obviously have a lot on my plate.

Does anyone know John Amirante and care to advise/arrange introduction.?

Any time saver is a +++!.

Thanks.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
Ohhh I thought it meant like...a banner for a website and I was sure I'd already seen that

everythingmustgosale.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad