Bandwagon Thread -- WE ARE DA CHAMPIONS

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
THE RULES

1. There will be 32 possible spots for bandwagoners among the 16 playoff teams -- with a maximum of two spots per team.

2. Because we will be drafting at a point before EVERY team in the playoffs has finalized their position, the drafting will be done by playoff position rather than by team. For example, you would draft "Eastern Wildcard 2" with the chances of it being Boston, Ottawa, or Florida, rather than drafting Boston themselves.

3. Once you choose a team, I highly encourage you to support that team. That may take place on this board, on the team's board, or both. Or, well, you could definitely be boring and show no interest.

4. If your team is knocked out by another team along the way, I suggest that you be "absorbed" onto the bandwagon of the team that defeated you. It's not a requirement, but I think that makes things more interesting.

5. I plan to give every person a maximum of one day to select his/her team. If you do not anticipate being available to select a team, please PM me ASAP with a list of five teams that you would choose to bandwagon in order of preference. Otherwise, you will be randomly assigned a spot on one of the remaining teams. If the teams in your list of preferences are already chosen by the time your pick arrives, I will randomly assign you a team.

6. Lastly, this is all for fun. There is currently no benefit to winning other than some friendly trash talking and bragging rights. However, I am intrigued by the idea of making some sort of reward, but don't have any solid ideas. If you think of something, let me know.

ALSO, I have an idea to throw into the works: draft pick trading. Although we obviously cannot trade physical commodities, there might be an alternative that allows for draft pick trading. Perhaps one team moves up in the draft in exchange for letting their trade partner control their avatar + user title for an arranged period of time.

2015 DRAFT ORDER

1. Blueline Bomber -- Chicago Blackhawks
2. Discipline Daddy -- Minnesota Wild
3. Anton Dubinchuk -- Nashville Predators
4. WolfCane -- St. Louis Blues
5. andy500 -- Vancouver Canucks
6. LSP Wolfpack -- St. Louis Blues
7. Brock Anton -- Montreal Canadiens
8. What The Faulk -- New York Islanders
9. raynman -- Anaheim Ducks
10. Joe Gumpinalake -- Calgary Flames
11. TheOllieC -- Tampa Bay Lightning
12. Wolfpuck -- Montreal Canadiens
13. Lucky Lindy -- Nashville Predators
14. JordanStaalBestStaal -- Tampa Bay Lightning
15. DaveG -- Washington Capitals
16. halleJOKEL -- New York Rangers
17. Carolinas Identity -- Anaheim Ducks
18. Novacane -- Ottawa Senators
19. bilpeto -- Chicago Blackhawks
20. Caniac125330 -- Minnesota Wild
21. Tankhair17 -- Calgary Flames
22. Stephen Goalbert -- Ottawa Senators ----> Traded to BanginLikeaBiscuit for Pittsburgh Penguins
23. RodTheBawd -- Winnipeg Jets
24. JClaus33 -- New York Rangers
25. GinoLucia2217 -- Detroit Red Wings
26. TankStrappe -- Washington Capitals ---->Traded to These Is The Times for New York Islanders
27. Brock Ness Monster -- Winnipeg Jets
28. These Is The Times -- New York Islanders ---->Traded to TankStrappe for Washington Capitals
29. BanginLikeaBiscuit -- Pittsburgh Penguins ----> Traded to Stephen Goalbert for Ottawa Senators
30. Tank King Jimmy -- Pittsburgh Penguins
31. Identity404 -- Detroit Red Wings
32. WreckingCrew -- Vancouver Canucks

WC Divisional Semifinals | WC Divisional Finals | WC Finals | SC Finals | EC Finals | EC Divisional Finals | EC Divisional Semifinals
1C--Wolfcane| | | | | |1A--Brock Anton

1C--LSP Wolfpack|WC1--Discipline Daddy | | | | 1A--Brock Anton| 1A--Wolfpuck

WC1--Discipline Daddy |WC1--Caniac 125330 | | | |1A--Wolfpuck | WC1--Novacane

WC1--Caniac 125330| |3C--Blueline Bomber | | 2A--TheOllieC| | WC1--BanginLikeaBiscuit

2C--Anton Dubinchuk| |3C--bilpeto| |2A--JordanStaalBestStaal| |2A--TheOllieC

2C--Lucky Lindy |3C--Blueline Bomber| | | |2A--TheOllieC | 2A--JordanStaalBestStaal

3C--Blueline Bomber |3C--bilpeto | |2A--TheOllieC | |2A--JordanStaalBestStaal| 3A--GinoLucia2217

3C--bilpeto | ||2A--JordanStaalBestStaal | | | 3A--Identity404

| | | | | |

1P--raynman| | | 3C--Blueline Bomber | | | 1M--halleJOKEL

1P--Carolinas Identity|1P--raynman| | 3C--bilpeto | |1M--halleJOKEL| 1M--JClaus33

WC2--RodTheBawd|1P--Carolinas Identity | | | |1M--JClaus33 | WC2--Stephen Goalbert

WC2--Brock Ness Monster| |1P--raynman| |1M--halleJOKEL| | WC2--Tank King Jimmy

2P--andy500 | |1P--Carolinas Identity| |1M--JClaus33 | | 2M--#satin

2P--WreckingCrew |3P--Joe Gumpinalake || | |2M--#satin|2M--These Is The Times

3P--Joe Gumpinalake|3P--Tankhair17| | | |2M--These Is The Times| 3M--What The Faulk

3P--Tankhair17| | | | | |3M--TankStrappe

Last edited:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
And now for the important question...do you think you'd have time to MS Paint up some playoff team logos for people to possibly use?

It's possible I guess as long as there's interest and I don't suck at making them.

The lack of animals tells me it might not be all that humorous

Last edited:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
What is the playoff bandwagon draft? I am intrigued.

Basically, I'd be looking for 32 bandwagoners to be "assigned" to the 16 playoff teams. I randomize these 32 people, and then they get to choose in order what team they would be most agreeable to bandwagon.

With 16 playoff teams, each team gets two bandwagon slots for HF Canes users to occupy. So certain teams fill up quickly, and other less desirable teams remain.

Essentially, my hope is that once somebody's bandwagon team is defeated, he/she is "forced" to jump onto the bandwagon of the team that defeated them. So if you were on the Blackhawks bandwagon and they lost to the Predators, you'd then assume your role on the Nashville bandwagon. It doesn't always work that way as some people have outside allegiances, but I find it's the best way to do it.

That's the general gist of it. It's nothing fancy or complex; it's just a way for everybody to have fun and take some joy (aside from the draft) out of our team being below expectations again.

For reference, here's the thread from last year...although I've edited the OP numerous times and it doesn't really give you a ton of information.

One modification that occurred during the process last year was that I didn't force people to fill out all teams before the duplicate version of the team was available to be selected. So both slots of one team could be filled before either slot of another team.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Are we expected to post alongside the real fans of our new "teams"? If not, I'm down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad