TV: Ballers Season 4

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
Wonder why they only did 9 Episodes this season?

Wonder how the NCAA vs. Strasmore will play out next season?
Ricky is defeated - But that was the right move for Charles

My PVR cut out in the Credits when Joe was talking to Russel Brand - was there anything of substance there?

And Agent Jason's girl is a f'n babe - wow

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
In the last episode when Jason is on the phone and she is nattering at him (again), I was totally expecting him to just finally lose it on her. Sadly, didnt happen.

I also wonder how the NCAA feels about this storyline. Fictional or not, doesnt make them look good.
Well...the story is telling the truth though

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Correct. It was stated earlier in the season that those 2 guys played the same role, slot?, so they were deciding which one to sign, this was when Ricky was buttering up to Goff. The contract he signed was a fake as payback, you could see it in the look Charles gives Ricky and the defeat on Rickys face as he knows he is done with Football

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Correct. It was stated earlier in the season that those 2 guys played the same role, slot?, so they were deciding which one to sign, this was when Ricky was buttering up to Goff. The contract he signed was a fake as payback, you could see it in the look Charles gives Ricky and the defeat on Rickys face as he knows he is done with Football

A fake contract? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that was the case

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Ricky still signed the contract, or else why would Charles tell him to shut up about the PEDs and sign the papers?

Feb 24, 2017
Part of Charles relenting and signing Ricky as the Rams’ new slot receiver was the fact that the man ownership wanted for that position, Kissan Teague, expressed quite clearly in a later episode that he was born as, and is, a running back.

Ricky Jarret is a contracted Los Angels Ram in the Ballers world.

Reactions: Voight

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
In the last episode when Jason is on the phone and she is nattering at him (again), I was totally expecting him to just finally lose it on her. Sadly, didnt happen.

I also wonder how the NCAA feels about this storyline. Fictional or not, doesnt make them look good.

Pretty sure the storyline is coinciding with an HBO documentary on the flaws and corruption of the NCAA system that's due to come out (it might have already, I'm not sure)

LeBron James's Documentary Accuses the NCAA of Screwing Student-Athletes

I would think this would be more concerning to them, but even this documentary is unlikely to change anything.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

This isn't anything new. Everybody already knows how corrupt the NCAA is and how they use the hell out of students until they graduate or have to quit because of injury. Dwayne Johnson saw this first hand.

HBO as noted above, is a big partner of LeBron and clearly has no issue with exposing the NCAA for the fraudulent organization it is. Main thing is that unlike say Fox Sports, they don't have any NCAA TV contracts they would potentially be risking.

I thought the guy at the press conference played the same position as Ricky

Kisan is an RB who they wanted to play slot receiver, he said no. So I'm guessing they still signed Ricky, but relented and signed Kisan to back up Gurley and maybe play a little receiver.

Ricky's career path reminds me of Darrell Revis. Star prospect/player, has made a ton of money, ends up getting cut (for different reasons however), signs with the Pats, gets a ring, retires but comes back for a few games because he misses it.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
This isn't anything new. Everybody already knows how corrupt the NCAA is and how they use the hell out of students until they graduate or have to quit because of injury. Dwayne Johnson saw this first hand.

HBO as noted above, is a big partner of LeBron and clearly has no issue with exposing the NCAA for the fraudulent organization it is. Main thing is that unlike say Fox Sports, they don't have any NCAA TV contracts they would potentially be risking.

Kisan is an RB who they wanted to play slot receiver, he said no. So I'm guessing they still signed Ricky, but relented and signed Kisan to back up Gurley and maybe play a little receiver.

Ricky's career path reminds me of Darrell Revis. Star prospect/player, has made a ton of money, ends up getting cut (for different reasons however), signs with the Pats, gets a ring, retires but comes back for a few games because he misses it.

He retired 3 years later after 2 so so seasons with the JETS and a little more of a quarter of a season with KC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad