OT: Ball hockey team in need of ringers!

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Sorry for making a thread on a rival teams' board but...I was just wondering if anyone here fancies themselves good/great at ball hockey?

My team plays on Sundays in Scarborough and could use a couple ringers, we're the classic "team of individuals in a league with other teams who've been together for years", so we're always looking for good guys. We're particularly in need this coming Sunday, you might even be able to play a game or two for free (it's usually $200 for the season).

I know I'm not doing a good job of selling the team, but we're pretty solid and put in a good effort and could use another go to guy or two and I figured this is a good place. If you can pot a couple you'll be vaulted to hyperlocal superstardom ;)

PM me if you're interested,
Cheers

Beleafer19

Apr 25, 2013
Sorry for making a thread on a rival teams' board but...I was just wondering if anyone here fancies themselves good/great at ball hockey?

My team plays on Sundays in Scarborough and could use a couple ringers, we're the classic "team of individuals in a league with other teams who've been together for years", so we're always looking for good guys. We're particularly in need this coming Sunday, you might even be able to play a game or two for free (it's usually $200 for the season).

I know I'm not doing a good job of selling the team, but we're pretty solid and put in a good effort and could use another go to guy or two and I figured this is a good place. If you can pot a couple you'll be vaulted to hyperlocal superstardom ;)

PM me if you're interested,
Cheers

Where in scarborough and what is the age range?

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Birchmount and Sheppard, 18+. The league is part of OBHA so it's well organized, two refs per game, helmet and gloves required, positional contact tolerated

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Bump!

This kinda worked last time so I thought I'd try again.

New team/season, playing at Malvern Arena on Sunday nights, in need of some good, committed players who will be there every week. Casual but well organized and high-pace/competitive league, all you need is a helmet and gloves.

PM me if interested.

Beleafer19

Apr 25, 2013
Um if you're team if full of 60 year olds then of course I'm a ringer who can most likely score 10+ goals per game, what age range are you looking for?

Well I'm in my 30s and don't really want to play with a bunch of teenagers. Sheesh! Can't anyone ask a simple question around here without ridicule.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Well I'm in my 30s and don't really want to play with a bunch of teenagers. Sheesh! Can't anyone ask a simple question around here without ridicule.

We are mostly 25-40, actually!

Also, Kamal007, hopefully you play ball hockey better than EA hockey ;) (former Bluth guy here...)

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Bump!

Looking for some guys for a Thursday night team, same arena (Leacock, Birchmount just north of Sheppard). 20-40 year olds, teir 4, fun but competitive. We are having custom jerseys made up soon, chance for your name & number on a jersey other than the Leafs! ;)

PM for details.

Thanks, from a fellow draft lottery anticipator.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
I actually played on a thursday nigth ball hockey team out of leacock. I probably played against you or possibly on your team lmao

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
I am 32 and will guarantee you a hat-trick!

But I will need a 6 year commitment at $5M per, with a no-trade clause.
I played in the Columbus area last year ... it didn't go so great. Few years back I had 30 goals in a mens league in NJ though! My running is not great, take a lot of bad penalties but I have some grit.

I understand my demands could be met in Toronto ...

crediblepest

The Era of Auston
May 29, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Bump!

Looking for some guys for a Thursday night team, same arena (Leacock, Birchmount just north of Sheppard). 20-40 year olds, teir 4, fun but competitive. We are having custom jerseys made up soon, chance for your name & number on a jersey other than the Leafs! ;)

PM for details.

Thanks, from a fellow draft lottery anticipator.

Sadly I cant, probably play against you guys (Red Army) LOL

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
I am 32 and will guarantee you a hat-trick!

But I will need a 6 year commitment at $5M per, with a no-trade clause.
I played in the Columbus area last year ... it didn't go so great. Few years back I had 30 goals in a mens league in NJ though! My running is not great, take a lot of bad penalties but I have some grit.

I understand my demands could be met in Toronto ...

:laugh: The David Clarkson reference

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Okay, I'd love to play, if you can arrange flights from down South to Toronto, I'm in.

It has been 30 years since I played, but when I did, well they called me "Gretzky".

Played at University of New Orleans. The 3 year reigning champs were the DEKE fraternity. We came in and wanted to name our team the NoDiques... and the rec supervisor rejected our name. So we threw out White Death Hockey Club. "Okay".

We went 8-0 in the regular season, I scored 50+ goals and had another 30+ assists.

Beat the Dekes in the semi-finals something like 10-0.

Before the finals some guy asks me "Where you from?"

I replied "Metairie" - suburb of New Orleans.

"Oh, we heard you played Juniors in Canada".

Me "Well yeah, but I came back home after 3 years to get my education."

The blood left his face, the game was over when I dropped that line. We won in a route.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I was thinking of picking up ice hockey but I need a beginner adult, what are my options? I asked my friend who used to be a speed skater in the olympics and no way I'm playing with his group. He's too elite for me. The only skill I have is urban skating so not sure if there's hockey on inline skates?

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
I was thinking of picking up ice hockey but I need a beginner adult, what are my options? I asked my friend who used to be a speed skater in the olympics and no way I'm playing with his group. He's too elite for me. The only skill I have is urban skating so not sure if there's hockey on inline skates?

Google "Adult Safe Hockey League Toronto".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad