Injury Report: Balcers

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
God dammit I was excited to see him play a full season... it’s make it or break it for Chlapik and Brown now.

Reactions: Tuna99

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Damn...make it 2 of the youngsters we expected to make a big step and have an impact now on the shelf long-term.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Damn. I thought he might emerge as a legit top 6er this year. Hopefully he'll be good to go for at least half the season.

Opportunity now for a guy like Chlapik to take advantage. At least we have prospect depth so there is another young player who might get an opportunity.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Terrible news. I thought he was having a good camp. The video of where he got hurt was in the GDT. It didn't look like much but he did seem to hit the boards awkwardly.. my immediate thought was a knee .. like a hyper-extension but that was a wag

Last edited:

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Terrible news. I thought he was having a good camp. The video of where he got hurt was in the GDT. It didn't look like much but he did seem to hit the boards awkwardly.. my immediate thought was a knee .. like a hyper-extension but that was a wag

"Indefinitely and 'out for some time'" are very vague and it could end up being a false alarm. Not in a sense that the injury goes away in a week, but if he is only out for 1-2 months, I would posit that we caught a break.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
"Indefinitely and 'out for some time'" are very vague and it could end up being a false alarm. Not in a sense that the injury goes away in a week, but if he is only out for 1-2 months, I would posit that we caught a break.
Dorion used the words "out for some time" .. that's why they are in quotes by Scanlan. No specifics so we don't know.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Wolanin and Balcers, two prospects I had playing higher up in the lineup.

Dang it

Reactions: Cosmix

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
The injury looked a lot like the way Tkachuk hurt his knee last October.

I figure he has a torn ligament in his knee and will miss a few months.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Unfortunate, he was a bright spot I was looking forward to watching this season. Hopefully he still gets in by the end of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad