Trade: [BAL/ATL] Hayden Hurst and 2020 4th round pick for 2020 2nd round pick and 2020 5th round pick

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Not thrilled about this.

Hurst is going to flourish under a team that'll throw to him. Excellent hands, solid blocker.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not thrilled about this.

Hurst is going to flourish under a team that'll throw to him. Excellent hands, solid blocker.

I think it's a great deal for your Ravens and somewhat makes up for using a 1st round pick on him to begin with. They already have a better TE on the roster and they get more ammo to get a WR or some other position of need.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think it's a great deal for your Ravens and somewhat makes up for using a 1st round pick on him to begin with. They already have a better TE on the roster and they get more ammo to get a WR or some other position of need.
Atl gets 2 more years of his rookie contract. If they need to pick up his 5th year option they could do so if they like the number. He’s an older player than most rookie contract guys. Plus this isn’t the best year for the TE position. I would assume this is the NE pick for Sanu they gave up. So like around pick 55 or so.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Thrilled to get him, but gave up a lot. Do we know if it was the Falcons or the Patriots (acquired in a trade) 2nd?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Thrilled to get him, but gave up a lot. Do we know if it was the Falcons or the Patriots (acquired in a trade) 2nd?
You gave up a 2nd to get a guy on his rookie contract who still has 2 years left on it. Saved a bunch of cap space that you can use on another area of the team. Hooper is a very good TE but not one of the top ones.

plus a drop of 45 or so spots in the draft from round 4 to round 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad