Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21 | GO CRAZY CONDORSTOWN! Perched Atop The Pacific!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
After a great start to his AHL career, Lavoie has now gone pointless in 9 straight games. Has he hit a bit of a wall or is he just not getting any puck luck?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Man they got ran over tonight

More like Logan Thompson sold his soul and stopped everything. Condors could have been up 5-1 by mid second instead of being down 2-0. Skinner had a terrible game but in the end the Silver Knights are solid defensively and pounced on every single mistake.

09E9CAD2-8C47-4189-BD5A-B0EC19DDCCDF.jpeg

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
After a great start to his AHL career, Lavoie has now gone pointless in 9 straight games. Has he hit a bit of a wall or is he just not getting any puck luck?

A bit of both. Bad puck luck and some questionable decision making. Instead of passing, he will hog the puck and make a poor shot selection that leads to a blocked shot or missing the net. The bad version of Draisaitl will try to do everything himself and we know how that works out.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
What’s the story here?

Tullio is now the only North American skater playing hockey this season drafted out of the OHL in 2020 to not appear in an AHL game this pandemic season.

Pretty crazy that all these players appeared in the AHL following their draft year, even considering the constraints of the pandemic.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Tullio is now the only North American skater playing hockey this season drafted out of the OHL in 2020 to not appear in an AHL game this pandemic season.

Pretty crazy that all these players appeared in the AHL following their draft year, even considering the constraints of the pandemic.

Maybe he had a nagging injury? Maybe he is only an ECHL caliber player at the moment? Maybe there are just too many players that are older that need to have decisions made on them to give him a chance? Regardless, I doubt that he would've been much of a difference maker if they didn't see enough from him in practice to give him a game. Typically players like him wouldn't see the AHL unless their team got knocked out of the AHL playoffs anyway.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Let it go. Please.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Maybe he had a nagging injury? Maybe he is only an ECHL caliber player at the moment? Maybe there are just too many players that are older that need to have decisions made on them to give him a chance? Regardless, I doubt that he would've been much of a difference maker if they didn't see enough from him in practice to give him a game. Typically players like him wouldn't see the AHL unless their team got knocked out of the AHL playoffs anyway.

Maybe. But it'd be peculiar to release our asset rather than treating the injury.

Maybe. But the AHL is a developmental league that has ECHL caliber players and players of lower calibre entering.

Maybe. Looking at GP distribution, it would appear there's a staunch hierarchy and only injury moves you into it. All organizations have players like Tullio in his situation with those kinds of "maybes" hanging over them, yet all his draft contemporaries debuted in the AHL regardless.

He doesn't need to be a difference maker, that's not the point.

Typically you're right, but this season is anything but typical. All of the North American skaters from the previous OHL draft class played in the AHL this season, that's what's typical this season.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe. But it'd be peculiar to release our asset rather than treating the injury.

Maybe. But the AHL is a developmental league that has ECHL caliber players and players of lower calibre entering.

Maybe. Looking at GP distribution, it would appear there's a staunch hierarchy and only injury moves you into it. All organizations have players like Tullio in his situation with those kinds of "maybes" hanging over them, yet all his draft contemporaries debuted in the AHL regardless.

Typically you're right, but this season is anything but typical. All of the North American skaters from the previous OHL draft class played in the AHL this season, that's what's typical this season.
A ton are only maybe getting a game or 2.
In the grand scheme of things it'll matter extremely little

Reactions: North

North

Jun 25, 2009

Bakersfield coaches decided he wasn’t ready after a few weeks of practicing with the team. End of story.

It’s not the end of the world that he didn’t get a game or two.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'll put myself on your ignore list. It can be mutual.
I think you've made your point on here about a hundred times. We get it. Really, I believe everyone gets it. Is this guy a relative or good friend, or something? Don't you want to move on and talk about other Condor things?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

The decision was made, it won't ruin him as a player, if anything it should allow him more time to work in the gym to get bigger and stronger and give him even more motivation to kick the door down next season. I get what you're saying in that it would've been nice for him to get a few games in, but it didn't happen for whatever reason(s) whether it be weaknesses in his game or an organizational approach. If anything this would be a good topic for the Tullio draft thread IMO.

In the meantime Lavoie has gone cold, Safin has gone cold, Marody and Benson have seen their offense really take a shit since McLeod got recalled to the point of Marody only having 4-0-4 in his last 9 games and Benson having 1-4-5 in his last 9 games since McLeod left. Both are now under 1 point/game after being well clear of that mark for much of the season. Kemp hasn't played since 4/27, anyone know what happened there?

Reactions: oilers'72

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I think you've made your point on here about a hundred times. We get it. Really, I believe everyone gets it. Is this guy a relative or good friend, or something? Don't you want to move on and talk about other Condor things?

That's my issue as well. The point was made, I agree with it, but the dwelling on it is what's annoying. In a non-COVID situation he wouldn't be expected to play in the AHL in his draft +1. I don't think not playing him in the AHL stunted his development whatsoever. It may have given him a bit of a boost (or worse, been a blow to his confidence).

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That's my issue as well. The point was made, I agree with it, but the dwelling on it is what's annoying. In a non-COVID situation he wouldn't be expected to play in the AHL in his draft +1. I don't think not playing him in the AHL stunted his development whatsoever. It may have given him a bit of a boost (or worse, been a blow to his confidence).

As screwed as this season has been for all we know the poor guy may be having lingering issues from Covid? Look at James Neal and Stalock as 2 prime cases of proven NHLers not getting much opportunity because of the lingering effects of this damn virus.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

I can strengthen my point whilst continuing to drive Condors talk in this thread like myself and other posters, yourself included, have all season. Let's not act like I haven't populated this thread with talking points other than Tullio.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Condors getting spanked again, 3-0 Silver Knights late in the 1st period. Rodrigue is in net tonight.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I can strengthen my point whilst continuing to drive Condors talk in this thread like myself and other posters, yourself included, have all season. Let's not act like I haven't populated this thread with talking points other than Tullio.

So who do you blame for him not getting into any games? It is obviously something that doesn't sit right by you, do you see it as a blame that goes 2-3 ways or is it all on one party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad