Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21 | GO CRAZY CONDORSTOWN! Perched Atop The Pacific!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
I think he's a natural fit with any fast center as he can get them the puck on the go and create in the ozone once they've gotten it there. Haas or McLeod could possibly benefit from him on the left IMO. His ability to utilize McLeod in the AHL has only made my suspicions of him being a fit with McDavid stronger as well.

In saying that Benson won't be hurt playing lots of hockey and working on his skating down there given his history. There's not a lot of room as Shore deserves to play and they've got a ton of forwards already up here. It would be great if Nygards hand would stop ruining his career as I thought he looked great last year before the injury and in his last couple games too. That's a guy who's literally been dealt a bad hand in life.

As it is I think Benson is better playing lots which I'd suggest is in contrast to some degree with Bouchard who I'm not convinced has been all that hurt sitting. Bouchard has "compete" and pace issues, not because he's lazy or doesn't care but because he's a thinker not a doer, so I actually see him being benefited by practicing at a higher pace and competing against guys like Russell all day in practice. No question it would be nice to see him get the odd game in, I just don't think it's as disastrous as some may think. The taxi squad is a real benefit as it allows for some hard work and individualized attention that wouldn't otherwise be as easy to give at the NHL level. I think Benson and the young players in the organization have been generally handled quite well.
Kudos.

Reactions: Samus44

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Didn’t watch tonight but that’s not surprising. Barracudas are big fast forechecking team that the Condors had struggled with. All it takes is a weak link like a goalie or Ryan Merkely to turn a tied game into a win.
I only watched parts of it because it was that awful ice level camera view. Condors came out much better in the 3rd and pulled out the win, but man do Benson and Marody ever miss McLeod out there. He was their zone entry machine.

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
One point back of Henderson for the division lead with equal games played. Remaining games: 2 vs 5th place Colorado, 1 vs 3rd place San Diego and 3 vs 1st place Henderson. The division title is in their grasp if they win 4 of the last 6.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Marody with a sweet wrap around. He definitely deserves a NHL callup this or next season.

I know Safin will be nothing but a 4th liner... but the size and skill and now show of grit makes me think he can be an NHL regular.

Reactions: Giggleplex

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
On a side note, when the f*** did Howson become the AHL president? That guy sure has a way of hanging around pro hockey in NA. Like a bad stench you just can't get rid of.

He had landed a NHL GM job in Columbus, and now president of AHL. Yeah, you tell me what he got. The great phonebook, or slmething.

Reactions: oilers'72

North

Jun 25, 2009

Good for him. Clearly the Reign (who are not the Condors) thought they could use him. The Condors coaching staff didn’t feel like Tullio was someone they could use at this point.

Not sure the point of rehashing this issue though.

Reactions: oilers'72

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Good for him. Clearly the Reign (who are not the Condors) thought they could use him. The Condors coaching staff didn’t feel like Tullio was someone they could use at this point.

Not sure the point of rehashing this issue though.

For whatever reason, the Condor's coaching staff didn't afford Tullio an AHL appearance when 95% of the eligible (not goalies, played hockey this season) 2020 OHL draft class has appeared in the AHL this season, for atleast a cup of coffee.

Perhaps an oversight. Perhaps a hierarchy issue. Perhaps his Bakersfield time was cut short due to unforeseen circumstances and there was a game earmarked for late in the season. But no, the reason that the visible majority in this thread have latched onto was Tullio isn't good enough.

North

Jun 25, 2009
For whatever reason, the Condor's coaching staff didn't afford Tullio an AHL appearance when 95% of the eligible (not goalies, played hockey this season) 2020 OHL draft class has appeared in the AHL this season, for atleast a cup of coffee.

Perhaps an oversight. Perhaps a hierarchy issue. Perhaps his Bakersfield time was cut short due to unforeseen circumstances and there was a game earmarked for late in the season. But no, the reason that the visible majority in this thread have latched onto was Tullio isn't good enough.

Perhaps he wasn’t. He played elsewhere this season. Other guys didn’t.

Bakersfield has had guys like Safin sitting because they had too many bodies.

Not sure why you’ve latched onto this non-issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad