Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21 | GO CRAZY CONDORSTOWN! Perched Atop The Pacific!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Prior to this year's NHL draft I thought (from clips I have seen) that Makisimov was the potential "sniper" prospect in the system but nothing much seems to materialize in terms of goals and he isn't exactly lighting it up in Russia either.

I like Maxismov and thought the same. I'd hold off giving up on him as his sniping skills may yet transfer to higher league's. While unlikely it may just take some time.

Reactions: voxel and oilers'72

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Marody gets in the board early. It's be nice to see him get himself into the mix for a mid-season call up.

Is Benson hurt?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I guess if there's an upside to no crowds in the AHL is that schedules are more normalized to NHL standards and games don't need to be scheduled to maximize family outings.

No more waiting 10 games between games on a regular basis!

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Former Atlanta Thrashers scout Bernd Freimüller on the performances of Olivier Rodrigue, Deven Brosseau and Yannis Kaldis in the Austrian league:

Yannis Kaldis:

Pro: Moves his feet well, with & without the puck. Offers himself as a passing option. Can carry the puck. At times finds open ice offensively. Rather relaxed in his own zone , defends with feet and stick.
Contra: No physical game, would meet his limits in the NHL. Good puck skills, but not (yet) commanding offensively or on the powerplay.
State as of now: Plays on the top pairing with a veteran on his team in the Austrian league. Would find himself further down the depth chart in the AHL or even in the ECHL, depening on the depth of the organization.

Early February update: "Calm, good positioning, moved puck well under pressure. Not physical."

Devin Brosseau:

Pro: Good size and most of all reach. Can carry puck around opponents, good one-vs-one, hidden and quick shots. Wins pucks with his poke checks.
Contra: Appears sluggish at times, would have to move feet more often and more dynamically. Defensively often looking for his position, not a penalty-killer. How many fire is there in his game?
State as of now: On the second powerplay unit on his team in the Austrian league. Plays winger and not center as originally announced. Two-way game wouldn't look good in the AHL. Slight uptrend since the beginning of his first senior season.

Early February update: "Had initial problems transitioning to pro hockey. Good reach, hides his shot well, quick reactions around the goal. Enough intensity for the AHL?"

Olivier Rodrigue:

Pro: Quick feet, quick up & down, good lateral movement. Tries to find pucks in traffic. Athletic goalie, but also good technical basics. Strong glove hand, self-confident body language.
Con: Rebound control, particularly with the pads, often kicks the pucks back to the slot. Vulnerable in top corners which NHL shooters will exploit even more than players in the Austrian league. Consistency not yet there, after a good start he declined. Rather average size for the NHL.
State as of now: AHL backup or ECHL starter.

Early February update: "Started very strong, with quick feet, agressive play and a good glove hand. Then he fell into a hole. Juicy rebounds and let in too many high shots."

Source (in German): https://www.laola1.at/de/red/winter...8-legionaere-auf-dem-harten-scout-pruefstand/

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Rodrigue definitely has serious rebound control issues. Not much different from Brossoit as I recall.

Kaldis is mobile. So far I like him more than Joel Persson who had zero desire to play defense and just rovered around.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Of course we have another goalie with a glove hand issue

If only they could hire a goalie coach that can fix that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad