Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21 | GO CRAZY CONDORSTOWN! Perched Atop The Pacific!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Other than the Chicago Wolves I think the best 3 teams are in the Pacific. Maybe Hershey Bears too.

Stockton and Toronto usually field good teams but their rosters are garbage this season. Belleville graduated most of their prospects. And Charlotte and Milwaukee didn’t play this season.
How will we ever know if we don't ever play them this year?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
How will we ever know if we don't ever play them this year?

I watched a few Laval/Marlies/Senators games (because I was interested in Caufield) it was ECHL bad. Total lack of skill.

You see the skill of Zegras, Lavoie, and Marody tonight. Also you have Cracknell, Malone, Griffith - who have all played in the NHL... unlike some of the rosters I've seen.

Reactions: oilers'72

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
CONDORS IN OT!!!! MALONE BOOKS THE TEAM A TRIP TO VEGAS!!!

Maybe we can send them some cavalry....

McLeod might be the only player eligible. There's some weird AHL rules where you had to be on the roster on a certain date.

Well deserved win. These playoffs are kinda waste of time. How the standings (Silver Knights, Condors, Gulls) is my ranking of teams.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
McLeod might be the only play eligible. There's some weird AHL rules where you had to be on the roster on a certain date.

Well deserved win. These playoffs are kinda waste of time. How the standings (Silver Knights, Condors, Gulls) is my ranking of teams.

Yeah I don't think Bouchard made the clear day roster but who knows how binding the rules are. These players don't even wanna play in their playoffs! :sarcasm: :(

Hopefully Holloway's thumb but who knows.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Holy shit. An Oilers affiliated team won a playoff game in OT! I'm soaking this all in :nod:

They won 2 OT games in the series. They led for exactly ZERO seconds in three games but vastly outplayed the Gulls for 80% of the time.

To be fair, Gulls like Zegras and Drysdale seemed a little disinterested in the series. They were not playing for jobs like the others.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The one thing the Condors don't lack is give a shit.
Imo they have been playing well above their skill level all season, Woodcroft, again has them rolling.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I would say maybe not close.
But it really depends on how he matures and plays next season.
I would probably say 2-3 seasons.

So he's a Benson level prospect IYO? I would figure that he's a full season in the AHL away at max. Guy has averaged over 4 shots a game in the postseason so far.

Reactions: bellagiobob

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So he's a Benson level prospect IYO? I would figure that he's a full season in the AHL away at max. Guy has averaged over 4 shots a game in the postseason so far.
I would say a Benson level prospect for sure. I would say he has a much better chance at succeeding due to his scoring ability.
The shots are nice but its the rest of his game that he needs to work on to be called up to the NHL. His play away from the puck is lacking right now and his effort is still pretty inconsistent.

If he can bust his ass working on his play away from the puck than he can absolutely only be a season away. It's up to him though

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

If Benson had Lavoie's size and skating - he'd be a 100% NHLer.

Lavoie needs a year in the AHL... mainly because of what you just said. He takes over 4 shots a game. He's hogging the puck and dangling through defenders too much. Yeah, he's sometimes successful but I'd rather he learn to use his teammates. He had two sweet high-skilled passes last night (one for a goal) but mostly he's trying to do too much.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If Benson had Lavoie's size and skating - he'd be a 100% NHLer.

Lavoie needs a year in the AHL... mainly because of what you just said. He takes over 4 shots a game. He's hogging the puck and dangling through defenders too much. Yeah, he's sometimes successful but I'd rather he learn to use his teammates. He had two sweet high-skilled passes last night (one for a goal) but mostly he's trying to do too much.

When you have a shot like his, I don't mind him putting that many pucks on net.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think the issue is that he is hogging the puck, dangling and shooting. Those 4 shots would be much better if he was using his linemates and getting open in scoring positions to shoot. Instead he tries to do it himself which has been leading to little production.

Gotta use his linemates better.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

WHEN he hits the net. He misses 4+ shots a night. He shoots a lot more than the official counts and it's due to being too selfish. Last night's passes were slick and finally him using teammates rather than trying for a low percentage shot.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Draisaitl shoots the puck towards the net about a dozen times a game after gorgeous McDavid setups. How many times does he actually HIT the net? Probably about 2-3 times. But he scores on 1 or 2 of them. Nothing wrong with shooting, but after a while you really net to start hitting the net more often.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Draisaitl shoots the puck towards the net about a dozen times a game after gorgeous McDavid setups. How many times does he actually HIT the net? Probably about 2-3 times. But he scores on 1 or 2 of them. Nothing wrong with shooting, but after a while you really net to start hitting the net more often.

Right now the better comparison is young Hall. Hall would attempt to shoot from everywhere - bad or good.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
he shoots for the corners like a young Kovalchuk, never the rebound or just to get it on net

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I actually agree. Leon of course is often in a very extreme angle and is trying to put the puck in a very small space. But many big goal scorers are volmue shooters. Ovi for one, Tavares, Seguin, Paceoretty, Kessel...

If Lavoie wants to hold onto the puck then being a hog will be a problem. But if he develops into a volume shooter with his tools he could be exactly what the doctor ordered.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Any chance that Holloway gets some game action against the Silver Knights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad