Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21 | GO CRAZY CONDORSTOWN! Perched Atop The Pacific!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Malone signed a two year AHL deal too and there's a good chance PRussell is waived, I'd say.

I could see McLeod playing with them(probably at LW, but maybe at center) and doing the heavy lifting.

Benson - Quine - Griffith
McLeod - Malone - Russell
Cracknell - Marody - Lavoie
AHL Signing - Esposito - AHL Signing

I'd let Maksimov play out the year in Russia.

Are we trying to groom McLeod into a winger instead of a center? Seems like a prime candidate to be a future 3C for us.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Are we trying to groom McLeod into a winger instead of a center? Seems like a prime candidate to be a future 3C for us.

I guess it depends on what they prioritize since I'd say he's looking like the 4th or 5th best center on the team.

Pretty sure he spent time on the wing last year too.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I guess it depends on what they prioritize since I'd say he's looking like the 4th or 5th best center on the team.

Pretty sure he spent time on the wing last year too.

I'd run him down the middle unless we see Holloway as a C long term. Marody IMO is all but finished as a NHL prospect unless he has a huge offseason and makes significant strides this season.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
If you draft a player in the first two rounds you should be developing him to fill a need on the Oiler roster within three years, while on their ELC if possible. If they don’t fit top six or a specific need(3C or PK) that’s development failure and its trade time

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'd run him down the middle unless we see Holloway as a C long term. Marody IMO is all but finished as a NHL prospect unless he has a huge offseason and makes significant strides this season.

Yeah personally I wouldn't dick around with McLeod on the wing. Keep him at C and develop him there. He's probably the first guy up in case of an injury now though, I think the org is souring on Marody. He got injured his first game in Austria.

I'd be willing to bet that Russell makes the big club as 14th F. Quine is legit good, he'll challenge Haas for 4C.

Benson-Quine-Griffith
Hamblin(strong jr scorer signed by Bako)-Marody-Cracknell
Gambardella-McLeod-Lavoie
Esposito-Malone-Safin

Brosseau (older first year pro signed by Bako, coming out of the ECAC)
Folkes (first year right shot C out of Penn State signed by Bako)
Christensen (older first year left shot forward out of whatever the American International College is)

Lennstrom-Bouchard
Niemelainen-Desharnais
Stanton-Jaks (25 year old Latvian RD signed by Bako out of the NCAA)

Forsberg
Skinner

Probably need another right shot defenceman in there and that group badly needs Broberg but all in all pretty solid lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer

I kind of like the look of Benson - McLeod - Marody. See if McLeod has the offensive chops to keep up and gives you a right and left shot face-off option.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I kind of like the look of Benson - McLeod - Marody. See if McLeod has the offensive chops to keep up and gives you a right and left shot face-off option.

McLeod is likely to play the entire season in Switzerland. That's the plan. That's the deal and the reason why he got his gig in Zug while Benson has to play Swiss League. The Oilers could take McLeod back anytime but I don't think they would do it for him to play AHL.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
McLeod is likely to play the entire season in Switzerland. That's the plan. That's the deal and the reason why he got his gig in Zug while Benson has to play Swiss League. The Oilers could take McLeod back anytime but I don't think they would do it for him to play AHL.

I'm fine with that too, especially with the uncertainty surrounding the Condors

Reactions: snipes

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Yeah personally I wouldn't dick around with McLeod on the wing. Keep him at C and develop him there. He's probably the first guy up in case of an injury now though, I think the org is souring on Marody. He got injured his first game in Austria.

Marody is done even before Austria. Beyond terrible last season. Our goaltending and forward prospects in the AHL are subpar. Signing all those FAs might net us one player in the future...

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Hopefully he can fall back on his singing career as injuries have really taken their toll on him.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

I don't see McLeod as a winger at all. This player doesn't look like the offence will project so his strength will be working on a strong, two-way game leveraging his great skating and getting more involved in the greasy areas of the ice. He has potential as a 3C or 4C NHLer. Would be miscast as a winger without the physical game which does not seem to be natural to him.

Holloway's versatility is a strength in his game. Quite easy to see him projecting into an NHL winger with more physicality in his game and the size and willingness to compete in tough areas. Really hope Holloway's development continues to nurture the centre and wing versatility. Low floor with these attributes but if the offence hits he can be a good top six winger.

Marody is drifting into a career minor leaguer. Don't think he has the boots to grab an NHL job.

Last edited:

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Marody is done even before Austria. Beyond terrible last season. Our goaltending and forward prospects in the AHL are subpar. Signing all those FAs might net us one player in the future...

Marody was terrible last reason for a pretty particular reason. I think they need to give him a chance for one more season to see if the concussion effects are long term.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

haha sorry, just an Office quote that sort of kinda relates in a roundabout way.

I hope next year is a big one for Marody, but I think it's not uncommon for these sort of issues to:

a)be permanent or
b)affect the way an individual plays due to worries about further injury.

Just as long as we as fans realize that the cause of his poor play. Sometimes it slid more into mockery and "heart" discussions because he had the nerve to play music.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
haha sorry, just an Office quote that sort of kinda relates in a roundabout way.

I hope next year is a big one for Marody, but I think it's not uncommon for these sort of issues to:

a)be permanent or
b)affect the way an individual plays due to worries about further injury.

Just as long as we as fans realize that the cause of his poor play. Sometimes it slid more into mockery and "heart" discussions because he had the nerve to play music.
who??

Reactions: Senor Catface
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad