News Article: Baird: "When the Sens beat the Bruins in the playoffs" (CNN)

sens4life

May 15, 2007
Reality
Game on: Kerry wins Canadian bet
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/11/game-on-kerry-wins-canadian-bet/?hpt=hp_t2

Posted by
CNN's Ashley Killough
(CNN) – Secretary of State John Kerry will return home from his international trip with some Canadian beer—a full case of it, at that.

Kerry waged a friendly bet via Twitter with his Canadian counterpart John Baird, saying the United States women’s team would beat Canada’s team in Tuesday’s women’s world hockey championship.

.@HonJohnBaird, Bet case of MA Sam Adams vs. yr Molson Canadian that US women best Canada tonight as Ice Hockey World Champs. Game on?-JK—
Department of State (@StateDept) April 09, 2013

The challenge was accepted.

Game on .@StateDept! But John, in addition to #molsoncanadian, I'll double-up with some of Ottawa's finest .@beausallnatural. Go Canada Go!—
John Baird (@HonJohnBaird) April 09, 2013

In a close game, the American team ended up besting their neighbors to the North by one goal, with the final score being 3-2.

As promised, I'll be sending Secretary Kerry (.@StateDept) some .@beausallnatural and #MolsonCanadian—
John Baird (@HonJohnBaird) April 10, 2013

Beaming with Twitter pride, Kerry responded.

Thx @HonJohnBaird,a real gentleman and a great rivalry on ice. Let's hoist one of those beers on yr next visit.-JK—
Department of State (@StateDept) April 10, 2013

When Kerry and Baird met Thursday at the G8 in London, the Canadian foreign minister handed over his lot.

“We're very very happy,†Kerry said, according to pool reports. He praised both teams and hailed Baird as “a man of his word.â€

“I want to make sure everybody in America knows we're not going to go drink this now,†Kerry joked.

(Photo) @HonJohnBaird gives #SecKerry case of Canadian beer, fulfilling terms of USA-Canada women's hockey match bet. http://t.co/8Q5AnyHVbA—
Department of State (@StateDept) April 11, 2013

The other beer mentioned in Baird’s wager, Beau's All Natural, will be delivered a future date, the pool report stated. The brewery made a custom label for the bet.

As the two men departed the room, Kerry said he looked forward to seeing Baird again.

“Absolutely. When the Senators beat the Bruins,†Baird responded, referring to the men’s hockey teams from Ottawa and Boston, respectively.

“You don't learn do you,†the former senator from Massachusetts replie.

“We're going to get it eventually,†Baird said.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
please keep away from the political stuff.

baird is nepean-born and raised and queens educated, he's eastern ontario all the way. I'm sure he grew up a leafs fan, but switched when the sens came to town (in his mid 20's). I also find that nepean/barrhaven, after kanata, has the highest density of sens fans in the capital region.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
please keep away from the political stuff.

baird is nepean-born and raised and queens educated, he's eastern ontario all the way. I'm sure he grew up a leafs fan, but switched when the sens came to town (in his mid 20's). I also find that nepean/barrhaven, after kanata, has the highest density of sens fans in the capital region.

True

*must resist urge to badmouth him more*

Arggggggg

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
pretty much what larionov said.

basically, if your post has nothing to do with hockey or the senators, dont put it in this thread please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad