OT: Bagels and Fox

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
The one off the LIE by the Kmart (at least it was Kmart)?

I never ate around there, I had a bad experience with mice/rats running around during a movie at that movie theater next to the Future Diner.
I don't think I ate at the Future Diner, that showed up when I was in my mid 20s & I was mostly hanging out in the city by then. The FD was Bagel Nosh before that, but it wasn't a typical bagel shop, more of a sit down Jewish deli.

Bagel Oasis was also on Horace Harding, closer to Utopia. They had great bagels.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
The Bagel Club in Bayside off the Clearview...

Miss that place ever since I moved away.
A very good friend of mine use to go there and was dating a girl that worked there.
He also moved away. To Florida.

I go to the Brooklyn Bagel location in Astoria quite a bit.

Fox’s signature sandwich sounds like it would put me to sleep after 1 bite lol. That’s a whole lotta fat.
The one on Ditmars or 30th?

Reactions: Profet

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah but not sure eating fat is actually good for any human. (plenty of) Carbs yeah in certain cases (like athletes) but what's fat good for

Damn, I have no retort for that.

• Haha
Reactions: tlk

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Yeah but not sure eating fat is actually good for any human. (plenty of) Carbs yeah in certain cases (like athletes) but what's fat good for
There are plenty of healthy fats that your body needs....avocados, olive oil, lean cuts of beef & chicken, plus many varieties of fish all provide healthy fats that are good for your cells.

Carbs, unless they are burned off are actually worse for you because they break down into sugar which makes you gain weight.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Funnily enough... your body can make it's own carbs. So we technically don't need to eat any.

Proteins and fatty acids which we get from... you guessed it... fat and protein... are required for us to metabolically function.

We need 0 carbs if we have enough proteins and fats in our diets.

Reactions: egelband

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I’ll be there. I work later in the day so this is a great way to have a good breakfast before work at 330 PM
0FEC1D99-A16A-437B-AAED-ED94193C7722.jpeg

Reactions: NickyFotiu

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
The one off the LIE by the Kmart (at least it was Kmart)?

I never ate around there, I had a bad experience with mice/rats running around during a movie at that movie theater next to the Future Diner.

It's been a Kohls now for over 15 years. That diner was a golf store for a long time and now it's a Hooters.

Reactions: will1066

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
There are plenty of healthy fats that your body needs....avocados, olive oil, lean cuts of beef & chicken, plus many varieties of fish all provide healthy fats that are good for your cells.
Yep, I was referring to the fact that most people eat very different types of fat-rich foods to these.

Carbs, unless they are burned off are actually worse for you because they break down into sugar which makes you gain weight.
Yeah, that's why I mostly try to stay away from carbs.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Funnily enough... your body can make it's own carbs. So we technically don't need to eat any.

Proteins and fatty acids which we get from... you guessed it... fat and protein... are required for us to metabolically function.

We need 0 carbs if we have enough proteins and fats in our diets.
Yeah, keto-something diet I guess. That's what I'm doing probably.
Carbs from tissue I think? Just not to diet extremely hard or those carbs would end up being "made" from muscle tissue.
Also there are carbs in fruit (and vegs?)

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Carbs from tissue I think? Just not to diet extremely hard or those carbs would end up being "made" from muscle tissue.
Gluconeogenesis.

Sugars (carbohydrates) can be synthesized from fats and proteins by your body.

It's the basis of how/why we turn excess energy into fat for storage.

Reactions: tlk

BroadwayHustle

Feb 27, 2012

FYI Fats are used to regulate hormones, so yes you need fat in your diet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad