Recalled/Assigned: Baertschi & Granlund Assigned to ADK (Glencross activated from IR)

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Good. No sense in keeping them up here if they weren't going to play regularly.

But even with Glencross back - Hartley apparently said he's not playing tomorrow - there's still one roster spot free. Wonder if someone else is getting the call up.

inb4 Calculon.
:squint:

I thought of that after. Glencross will come off IR and I think tomorrow or Saturday Wolf will come off IR

Forgot about Wolf. Guess that explains that.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
82c18ab632.png

Calculon, are you a time lord?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Good. I don't think Sven will be back this year, unless the wheels fall off and trades are made. I'm very encouraged with his progression this year, I think next year he'll score 40-45 points in the NHL.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hopefully Bärtschi will be moved before the trade deadline.. Gosh this organization is killing the kid!
how dare anyone make him actually work for it

No one is missing from ADK practice this morning except Thiessen (wife had a baby,Arnold (injury) and Sven/Granlund (but they are expected to play tonight). Setoguchi returned to practice today too.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hey AF, do you know how the lines look with Sven and Granlund back down? Seems like a stacked forward group down there.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Hopefully Bärtschi will be moved before the trade deadline.. Gosh this organization is killing the kid!

I'm a huge supporter of Baertschi, but I think he'll be fine. His situation reminds me of Kadri in Toronto. Either he'll be on the NHL roster next season with Calgary, or he'll be on another team to get the chance to play in the NHL. I personally want us to keep the kid, because I have this gut feeling that if the Flames let him go, it'll bite us in the ass.

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
I'm a huge supporter of Baertschi, but I think he'll be fine. His situation reminds me of Kadri in Toronto. Either he'll be on the NHL roster next season with Calgary, or he'll be on another team to get the chance to play in the NHL. I personally want us to keep the kid, because I have this gut feeling that if the Flames let him go, it'll bite us in the ass.

I just want him to have success in the NHL and I feel like Calgary isn't the right place for him. I'd be thrilled if he could get traded! Same thing we've seen with El Nino, he was playing on a struggling Islanders team that had absolutely zero trust in him and now he's thriving in Minnesota. So I think a new start for Sven outside Alberta would be awesome! :handclap: Yet I'm not saying Calgary is a bad team -can't be with Hiller between the pipes:sarcasm:- but I can't see him have success here.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I can't see him have success here.

There is nothing preventing Sven from having success here. There are three scoring left wing spots, and the only one that's actually taken come next season is Johnny Gaudreau (assuming Jiri Hudler continues to be a RW). That's two spots he can grasp for himself in training camp and make his own.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I like the way he's looked lately, it looks like he's hit the gym big time.. I don't mind the slow approach, I'm hoping we shed some extra weight (players) this offseason and he works hard to earn a spot.. I still have faith in his game, the kid was a known as a serious hard worker in Juniors, I honestly think he just got caught up in his own hype for a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad