Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
in one word? seppuku
in one compound word? hara-kiri
in two words? ritual suicide

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't think the reaction will be too bad if Letang and Geno are still out. They ARE the 2nd-best team in the East and the Pens are going to run out of gas at some point.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I certainly won't have Morrow as my whipping boy, but I certainly will be keeping a closer eye on him than other players considering what we gave up for him.

I'm definitely rooting for him to succeed though. I was never opposed to bringing in Morrow. Just not at that cost.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
No but even if they do, somebody has to go.

You can take it to the bank it won't be a player that deserves to go either.

Well Smith is a given, but who else is left? Bennett and Despres... neither one of them deserves to go, but they are the only ones that don't have to clear waivers. Not really much of a choice.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Well Smith is a given, but who else is left? Bennett and Despres... neither one of them deserves to go, but they are the only ones that don't have to clear waivers. Not really much of a choice.

I agree its not much of a choice, but they are two players that should be last on the list, not first.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Gonna be missing this game. Going to see A$AP Rocky tomorrow night. I really wanted to see how Morrow would fair in his first game as a Pen, guess i'll be waiting till Thursday lol.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
You know the last time I visited this thread... a trade happened. So I'm visiting again. It's like a sickness this wanting of trades. A terrible, terrible sickness. I just want to be normal again.

Show me the light Joe.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
Musical chairs with jersey numbers today. Here are the new ones: Douglas Murray #3. Brenden Morrow #10. Tanner Glass #15. Dustin Jeffrey #17

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
so Glass had to take a different number so he took Jeffrey's.....lol makes sense

Glass has been 15 his whole career, in general the veterans get their numbers over the younger guys. Morrow is more of a veteran than Glass, gets #10, Glass is more of a veteran than Jeffrey, get's #15. Jeffrey was #21 in Wilkes Barre, you would think he might pick #12 as a reverse number...but maybe that number is reserved for someone else? ;)

Stupid, pointless, senseless speculation.

khaoskennedy

Aug 6, 2010
Western, PA
Glass has been 15 his whole career, in general the veterans get their numbers over the younger guys. Morrow is more of a veteran than Glass, gets #10, Glass is more of a veteran than Jeffrey, get's #15. Jeffrey was #21 in Wilkes Barre, you would think he might pick #12 as a reverse number...but maybe that number is reserved for someone else? ;)

I assumed Glass was 10 b4 he came here, never cared enough to look lol

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I assumed Glass was 10 b4 he came here, never cared enough to look lol

Nahh, aside from wearing #37 on the Panthers near the start of his career, he's worn #15

College

120219_GlassDartmouth.jpg

Vancouver

tanner-glass-brooks-laich-mikael-samuelsson-ryan-johnson-2009-12-18-23-13-27.jpg

Winnipeg

Tanner-Glass-Winnipeg-Jets.jpg

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Does anyone know if there will be a small tribute for Michel Therrien tomorrow? He will be in Pittsburgh for the first time since his firing.
Yeah, he got fired, but he also did many important changes and was pretty successful during most of his tenure.

Yes, there will be a tribute. They'll be playing this video on the jumbotron:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Of course, it's reserved for Ryan Malone's jersey raising ceremony in a few years. :sarcasm:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Glass changed his out of respect, I doubt it was going to be an issue. I think Jeffrey might have just stepped up and said "You can have your #15 if you want" and probably wanted a change as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad