Bad D again !!!! Or bad same players . .

oil10

Jun 15, 2012
Time to wake up . . . . Petry, Ference and Schultz are not good. Petry was on the ice for 4 of the goals, Ference was on the ice for 4 goals, and Schults was on for 2, which is not too bad but his stupid play resulted in the goals.

Nurse needs to be sent back to juniors, he is not ready. Call up Marincin, who played good last season and call up Klefbom and give him a try.

Scrivens does need to play better and stop going after the puck behind the net but you can not blame him for a guy open in the slot . . . . which is happening way to much.

I like the pressure but when the puck is in the Oilers zone, calm down and everyone take a man . . . . 4 guys behind the goal line or 2 guys chasing the guy with the puck, does NOT work.

Ship out the defencemen I mentioned and get a #1 defenceman and a true NHL #2 Center.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Oilers need a rock on D, someone that can eat minutes and calm that awful blue-line down.

Unfortunately those guys are only found in trades or the draft.

That type of Defender is going to cost Eberle or RNH , or Taylor Hall. Sadly the Oilers need another rebuild/retool. You build a hockey team from the (net) out...

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Time to wake up . . . . Petry, Ference and Schultz are not good. Petry was on the ice for 4 of the goals, Ference was on the ice for 4 goals, and Schults was on for 2, which is not too bad but his stupid play resulted in the goals.

Nurse needs to be sent back to juniors, he is not ready. Call up Marincin, who played good last season and call up Klefbom and give him a try.

Scrivens does need to play better and stop going after the puck behind the net but you can not blame him for a guy open in the slot . . . . which is happening way to much.

I like the pressure but when the puck is in the Oilers zone, calm down and everyone take a man . . . . 4 guys behind the goal line or 2 guys chasing the guy with the puck, does NOT work.

Ship out the defencemen I mentioned and get a #1 defenceman and a true NHL #2 Center

Oh is that all? Can't believe no one thought of that before.

:shakehead

Can we put a moratorium on new threads during losing streaks? It's just the same old ****.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Oh is that all? Can't believe no one thought of that before.

:shakehead

Can we put a moratorium on new threads during losing streaks? It's just the same old ****.

Or on bad thread starts. Poster has 12 thread starts among 50 posts..:amazed:

Theres simply no content in this thread, no reason for it, and could be included in any of the ongoing threads.

oil10

Jun 15, 2012
Well this is a site anyone can post on and talk about whatever they want.

If you don't like the post then why waste your time replying to it. Move on and reply to a post were you might have something interesting to say.

If people can not post during losing streaks then what is the point of this site . . . . it gives people a way to vent.

So if you don't like it, find a different site . . . . please!!

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Well this is a site anyone can post on and talk about whatever they want.

If you don't like the post then why waste your time replying to it. Move on and reply to a post were you might have something interesting to say.

If people can not post during losing streaks then what is the point of this site . . . . it gives people a way to vent.

So if you don't like it, find a different site . . . . please!!

The point they are making is that these topics are prevalent in multitudes of other threads right now. It is unnecessary to make another if you read most of the threads frequently.

UglyStupidAds

Sep 17, 2005
Edmonton

Ship out the defencemen I mentioned and get a #1 defenceman and a true NHL #2 Center.

I'm tired of this argument. Tell me that Petry, Ference and Schultz were the cause of X goals and I'll listen. Just being on the ice for a GA means nothing with this team. All too often a goal is scored because of 1 player doing something monumentally stupid.

oil10

Jun 15, 2012
I'm tired of this argument. Tell me that Petry, Ference and Schultz were the cause of X goals and I'll listen. Just being on the ice for a GA means nothing with this team. All too often a goal is scored because of 1 player doing something monumentally stupid.

Well you better listen up . . . .

1st goal - Petry and Ference were between the center line ans Arizona's blue line while a Arizona player was behind them at the Oilers blue line. To me, both of them should have known he was there. Their fault.

Almost a goal - The play where Scrivens takes a shot off the mask and was down, Petry and Ference were both behind the goal line covering the same guy. Good chance that could have been a goal, would have been their fault.

3rd goal - Petry and Ference on the ice, didnt close the gap on the shooter or cover the net. An Arizona play was right in front of Scrivens. They are the defence, their fault.

4th goal - Schultz leaves the front of the net to chase the guy with the puck who was already covered. Leaving the slot open . . . his fault.

5th goal - Petry collapses right in front of the net, leaving the Arizona player who is skating in on his side open in the slot. Again, his fault.

6th goal - Ference is at the Oilers blue line and glides back to the net. Put some effort in and rush back to the net. Good chance he could of got to the net and either cleared the puck away or tied up the Arizona player. His Fault.

7th goal - Schultz carries the puck to center ice and tries to pass the puck through a bunch of players and he is the guy tailing the attack no one else behind him. Stupid play, his fault.

Well there you have it. Petry, Ference and Schultz were the cause of X goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad