Proposal: Bad contracts to take on with a prospect or 2 added in

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
What are some bad contracts that the Hawks can take on to help the rebuild? In an ideal situation, you get a guy that has one year remaining and can flip him again at the TDL.

On the trade rumor board, I suggested:

Chi gets: Murray, Pinto, and Boucher
for
Ott gets: Murphy, Beaudin, and Borgstrom

Hawks take on a bad contract but get good prospects in the deal.

What other options and scenarios are out there?
Dadonov
Monahan
Pacioretty
Kassian
Barrie
Lucic
E. Johnson
Copher
Khudobin
Talbot
Kulikov
Binnington
Raanta
JVR
Mrazek

Just to name a few. So the challenge is to add a bad contract and acquire players to improve the prospect pool. Fire away!!!

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Talbot and Kulikov aren't bad contract. So Minnesota wouldn't give up anything up to trade them. Kulikov is 1.5. Talbot is 2. Or 2.5. Kulikov I believe also has no trade. Or something to that effect.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I would definitely take Dadonov for something from Vegas. I would take on Murray but it's not like Ottawa is in a bind to move him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
We already did this and still have Connelly. Can't see us doing this anymore honestly. The pitchforks will come out in full force if this is what we do with our cap space again while it costs $65 for 2 beers and a dog & $170 for two section 300 seats...yes, I know...the math is exaggerated...

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I don’t know the contract situation with the players noted. But I am fine doing that for say one player and get some prospects. Do that each of the next two years to help accelerate the process of rebuilding since we won’t have a first most likely this year. Stan put us in this position so we have to think outlmside the box.

Not sure the fans attending would really care as the org has already stated rebuilding the right way.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
We already did this and still have Connelly. Can't see us doing this anymore honestly. The pitchforks will come out in full force if this is what we do with our cap space again while it costs $65 for 2 beers and a dog & $170 for two section 300 seats...yes, I know...the math is exaggerated...
Some of these names are nothing like Connelly though. We all knew that Connelly was cooked before he got here and didn’t expect much out of him. Weaponizing cap space is how you rebuild, you just need to get better pieces than Borgstrom out of it. Just because Stan swung and missed doesn’t mean doesn’t mean the idea was bad. Judging by the Hagel trade, I have more trust in Davidson to bring back the right assets than Stan.

Dadanov is for sure a name I’m looking hard at. I watch a lot of Knights and he was one of their better players in their playoff run at the end of the year after they tried to send a 2nd round pick to dump his contract. Dadanov can still play, he’s just overpaid by a hair. I really don’t know exactly what Vegas is gonna do this off-season but I still think he’s the odd man out. If you can get something to take his contract I’d be all over that because you can get assets on that twice as he only has a 1 year deal and you can for sure get something nice for him at 50% at the deadline.

We’re still at the point of the rebuild we need to be stockpiling future assets. Let the meatballs come out with the pitchforks. Listening to them is why we keep jumping the gun and have been stuck in limbo for years. Patience my friend.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I’m not for doing the Blues any favors unless we get massively overpaid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pertti

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
I really would like to see Davidson take a chance on Monahan. 1 year left at 6.3. I think we could get a nice asset back for helping them out. Plus we can see if he has anything left in the tank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad