Movies: Bad Boys For Life

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Hoping this is finally a remake/reboot that is well done. The chemistry between those 2 was always great. I think my only concern is if they go full Fast & Furious and go way too over the top.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Hoping this is finally a remake/reboot that is well done. The chemistry between those 2 was always great. I think my only concern is if they go full Fast & Furious and go way too over the top.

It's an official sequel.

I laughed almost as much as during the trailer as during Bad Boys 2 which is maybe twice. BB2 was really bad.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's an official sequel.

I laughed almost as much as during the trailer as during Bad Boys 2 which is maybe twice. BB2 was really bad.

Sure, it's an official sequel, just how Independence Day 2 was an official sequel. It's still a reboot IMO, they are just continuing the story with the original characters. I just hope it's more like the original and not way over the top with unrealistic action sequences. If it focuses on the chemistry between Smith and Lawrence, then it'll be a fun ride.

That was part of the problem with BB2, Michael Bay went full Michael Bay.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Sure, it's an official sequel, just how Independence Day 2 was an official sequel. It's still a reboot IMO, they are just continuing the story with the original characters. I just hope it's more like the original and not way over the top with unrealistic action sequences. If it focuses on the chemistry between Smith and Lawrence, then it'll be a fun ride.

That was part of the problem with BB2, Michael Bay went full Michael Bay.

That's a sequel, not a reboot. A reboot is one with total recasting and potentially new characters. The same cast is there and they're continuing the characters story. Hence a sequel.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
It'll be interesting to see how this does. This is the third Will Smith franchise that's attempting reboot/sequel in the last few years (ID4 and MIB the others), and those bombed. Not having Will Smith involved was always thought to be a big contributor, so we'll see how well a revival that he's front and centre on performs.

For people my age, this can be fun nostalgia trip, but not sure how a younger demo views a movie like this. Will Smith can still deliver a hit (see Aladdin), but not sure if a younger generation has even seen or heard of Bad Boys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad