Online Series: Bad Batch (Final Season - Feb 21)

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
rumor-tells-also-of-a-deceptively-clumsy-kid-hiding-out-in-v0-gxmff6yws1kb1.jpg
Force users are born all the time in the SW universe. Even far off civilizations like the Chiss have force users, albeit they are treated and used very different in their society. Only when new force users are by the Jedi, or lured to the Sith, do they become one or another.

As for survivors of O66, it was never possible for Palpatine to eliminate every single Jedi and I think he knew that based on the fact he had multiple contingencies to deal with those that would evade the trap.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
As for survivors of O66, it was never possible for Palpatine to eliminate every single Jedi and I think he knew that based on the fact he had multiple contingencies to deal with those that would evade the trap.

There's still a pretty massive retcon and logical pretzeling when it comes to Tarkin calling Vader the last Jedi, Obi Wan and Yoda speaking of last hopes and only one other.

It's ok, I get that they want to create new contemporary content.

I just don't buy the hilarious plot reasons invented to try to explain the ever-ballooning number of Jedi who evaded capture or death.

Reactions: Hivemind

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There's still a pretty massive retcon and logical pretzeling when it comes to Tarkin calling Vader the last Jedi, Obi Wan and Yoda speaking of last hopes and only one other.

It's ok, I get that they want to create new contemporary content.

I just don't buy the hilarious plot reasons invented to try to explain the ever-ballooning number of Jedi who evaded capture or death.
I get that. Being realistic, that order was given all at once (despite Palpatine actually referring to Commander Cody by name). No way he could have given that order to hundreds of units in the field of battle referring to each unit leader by name. Would have taken hours to do that.
Cody might have just been one that was specific as he was Anakin's master and he wanted to ensure that certain Jedi were eliminated. Maybe even Gree as well to eliminate Yoda.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Enjoying the latter few episodes of Bad Batch. Omega is growing on me, enjoying the inclusion of Rampart, and have been disappointed the episode ended on a cliffhanger with no ability to binge the past couple episodes.

The lack of security cameras is a bit ridiculous, but it is what it is. When fighting the full might of the empire's resources, lack of cameras are required for there to be a chance. Suppose it could be handled by having echo wipe them out or something.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Guess that clone wasn't anybody we knew after all.

Good finale. The show is just gorgeous looking. Those wide establishing shots in particular. And the music has been on point throughout the series.

I wish they'd do animated movies. They've clearly got people who understand and do Star Wars animation well. Why not turn them loose on a movie or two? I'd trust that to be good more than I do the live action side.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Good finale. The show is just gorgeous looking. Those wide establishing shots in particular. And the music has been on point throughout the series.

I wish they'd do animated movies. They've clearly got people who understand and do Star Wars animation well. Why not turn them loose on a movie or two? I'd trust that to be good more than I do the live action side.
Who was it? How did I miss this? I had some difficulty seeing those dark scenes at the end but idk how I missed this.

Third season saved the show for me. I enjoyed getting that clone wars closure and it was an aesthetically amazing show. But I can't help but feel everything they went through was mostly irrelevant.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Who was it? How did I miss this? I had some difficulty seeing those dark scenes at the end but idk how I missed this.

Third season saved the show for me. I enjoyed getting that clone wars closure and it was an aesthetically amazing show. But I can't help but feel everything they went through was mostly irrelevant.
They never showed his face, but I believe the one people were speculating could be Tech or Cody was the one Hunter impaled, so I'm assuming it was just some random clone Hemlock turned into his Badder Batch or whatever the hell they were.

#TechIsDeadDead

I do wonder if we see some of these characters in another show down the line. They left the door open for more stuff with them and lord knows Filoni loves his Clone Wars era connections.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
They never showed his face, but I believe the one people were speculating could be Tech or Cody was the one Hunter impaled, so I'm assuming it was just some random clone Hemlock turned into his Badder Batch or whatever the hell they were.

#TechIsDeadDead

I do wonder if we see some of these characters in another show down the line. They left the door open for more stuff with them and lord knows Filoni loves his Clone Wars era connections.
I think they will and I would not be surprised to see a live action version of Omega show up. Bad Batch took place in about 19 BBY and the skip ahead we see at the end I would say it 10 years where Omega goes from like 12 to early 20s which brings us to about 8-9 BBY. Mandalorian, Ashoka etc are currently at about 9-11 ABY so another 10 years or so jump ahead. So maybe an Omega in her 30s showing up at some point? Or she could even show up in Andor.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Think the season has been pretty good overall but my hangup is I don't really feel all that invested in the main story arc. They're going to go f*** with Hemlock on Tantis sure but really his whole nefarious thing is turning clones into killing machines? Weren't they created to be killing machines? The Palpatine project necromancer tie in is interesting I guess but that seems like it'll be more easter egg side plot. Unless the actions of the Bad Batch squad cause the cloning to be delayed and result in Snoke or something.

I dunno, stopping Hemlock just feels a little small potatoes for a series finale. Maybe not, they still have half a season I guess to build it up.

Going to disagree with my earlier thoughts, the finale really delivered and the main story arc was worthwhile. Although the other kids being earth wind and fire colors seemed lazy to me. Man has the animation come a long way since even the 2nd Clone Wars show. Looks fantastic.

The season as a whole kind of meandered a bit in the middle but that's young adult content for you I guess. Liked the way they ended the series. Enjoyed the characters and the concept was solid, pretty well executed all around show that accomplished what it set out to IMO, quality SW.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

#TechIsDeadDead

Oh I misread you. Thought you said it was someone specific.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Perhaps they will. Mario Bros did very well at the box office as did the Spiderverse ones. TMNT as well. I don't think Mario Bros and TMNT need anymore live action movies. Though a Last Ronin one would be interesting, but again, not sure that's needed.

Transformers One is going to be interesting as well to see how that performs. Hopefully the writing is good and that most of the comedy isn't as in your face as the trailer showed.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
But I can't help but feel everything they went through was mostly irrelevant.
I think this is my major gripe as well. The finale was an entertaining romp, but the ending just kind of put things back the way they were before. We all know that Project Necromancer eventually succeeds, so framing this adventure as a supposed "victory" against it just feels hollow. I was hoping they would give us more to dwell on that such a tightly wrapped up happy ending.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I think this is my major gripe as well. The finale was an entertaining romp, but the ending just kind of put things back the way they were before. We all know that Project Necromancer eventually succeeds, so framing this adventure as a supposed "victory" against it just feels hollow. I was hoping they would give us more to dwell on that such a tightly wrapped up happy ending.

A friend of mine told me it was a ballsy ending which I didn't agree with at all. I was expecting something wild like the empire showing up to their home planet and nuking it. Can you imagine? But gotta get those merch sales with Omega. I'm sure we'll see her in another show or movie

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
A friend of mine told me it was a ballsy ending which I didn't agree with at all. I was expecting something wild like the empire showing up to their home planet and nuking it. Can you imagine? But gotta get those merch sales with Omega. I'm sure we'll see her in another show or movie
I don't know if I'd go that far, but I was thinking something more along the lines of necromancer very obviously continuing without Omega. Having Nala Se suicide bomb the data and Tarkin do a "Project Stardust" fan service moment just felt unnecessary. Something along the lines of Emerie staying true to the Empire and actually taking over the project herself (instead of that very predictable/lame big sister moment when she chose Omega and the children over the Empire) after Hemlock's death, or at least having Tarkin take over the data or something. Something more along the lines of the clones finishing their participation in the war, but the Empire's position standing more menacing.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It is a victory of sorts for the clones, and the guys from clone force 99, to be able to live their lives as they want for the first time.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I really enjoy this type of storytelling, and have appreciated anything clone wars oriented. Could have been better, but overall, I found it to be pretty good.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't know if I'd go that far, but I was thinking something more along the lines of necromancer very obviously continuing without Omega. Having Nala Se suicide bomb the data and Tarkin do a "Project Stardust" fan service moment just felt unnecessary. Something along the lines of Emerie staying true to the Empire and actually taking over the project herself (instead of that very predictable/lame big sister moment when she chose Omega and the children over the Empire) after Hemlock's death, or at least having Tarkin take over the data or something. Something more along the lines of the clones finishing their participation in the war, but the Empire's position standing more menacing.
I'm ok with Emerie ending. Probably could have said they only managed to salvage a small portion of the Necromancer data. Didn't need the Stardust reference. Basically, the Empire would resurrect the project later when a new scientist takes over.

I never played the Commando game so not attached to Scorch and his team. Given his limited role, feels like they could have just picked some random name for the head Commando under Hemlock. Surprised they didn't realize the connection the gaming fans would feel towards Scorch. So many commandos under his reign. Their programming must have been more intense than for the Regs to remain that loyal after seeing their brothers treated as test subjects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad