WWE: Backstage update on Shane McMahon's WWE status

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well reports say that Steph and HHH are the better people to be actually running a wrestling company. So Shane not having a 'real' job isn't really anything to complain about.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Well reports say that Steph and HHH are the better people to be actually running a wrestling company. So Shane not having a 'real' job isn't really anything to complain about.

I would say the product in the past year or so shows otherwise. Not including NXT

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I heard this report is actually just Greenfield barking that Shane is a dumb frat boy and Steph is a delight.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Steph is fine in behind the scenes business. I just don't want her on TV because her character is awful. At least Dixie went through a table, like it or so....nothing happens to Steph.

Hell, even when she does the match with Brie in 2014, it was basically a friggin squash with Steph on offense the whole match. Similar to Hogan-Sting Starrcade on a lesser scale.

About the civil war thing, it really has nothing to do with Shane. It's a HHH/Vince war. Vince wants Roman, HHH does not because he's not one of his guys. But he will do what he's told, like when he got beat down that time. But the master politician HHH has managed to arrange things so that Reigns has nothing to work with and can't get over consistently. It's something of a political hit in that Roman is not what HHH wants in a top guy, at least now....all the while leaking favorable things to sheets to make himself look good.

At the end of the day, I'm amused by how savvy Trips is. It's so funny I actually am starting to like him as a "character" on TV and I've hated him for years.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Make no mistake about it, Reigns is very much a HHH guy. The difference is that HHH can see when something is working or not and is way more open to different ideas (Survivor Series where he wanted Owens or Ambrose to win, for example).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly I don't think its as simple as Roman is a Vince guy or a HHH guy.

HHH is the one that put him in the Shield, but Roman isn't really a NXT guy (he was there for like half a second) so he isn't one of his children.

I think the answer with HHH and his opinion on Roman is in the middle. He was on board, but he saw it wasn't working and wanted to move on and push one of his guys (KO or Dean, true NXT guys) and Vince won't do it. I would also not be shocked if Seth's cash in was all HHH's idea as well.

I also wouldn't be shocked if HHH is basically working EVERYONE right now. He knows this current direction with Roman is failing and he is going to let it happen because he knows he will A) Get what he wants in the fall out and B) will come out looking great too.

I mean he is going to put on the show of the year with Dallas Takeover (and he will definitely be there in person to make sure we all know its HIM). He gets to be this asskicking baby face champ right now, and he knows that Vince and Dunn eat all the blame for Roman failing. I mean look at the Fastlane build. They did nothing to build Roman in it. It was all Dean/Brock. Look at Raw. HHH has done the "beat down the face" thing in builds before he did it to DB, but he also handcuffed him and did it in a suit. RAW was an equal fight where he just kicked his ass, and he did NOTHING to try and get heel heat and get any kind of real sympathy for Roman. He played the crowd as the face. He knows exactly what is happening right now and is letting it happen.

Dude is a magnificent *******.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Roman is HHH's guy in the sense that HHH did want to push Roman. When Vince fought for Rock/Brock at WM31, HHH fought harder for Reigns/Lesnar. When Vince wanted to push Big E, HHH wanted to push Roman.

Like I said, HHH has the ability to adapt. He's not a stubborn old man. Owens, Seth are his guys just as much as Reigns probably is, but Reigns was his first project. The key thing is that he can adapt. He knows Reigns is failing. He knew it back in November. He's at the mercy of Vince McMahon right now, though. If Triple H had his way, Owens or Ambrose would have walked out of Survivor Series with the title.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad